View Full Version : First OLL AR build - work in progress

11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Here are some shots of my first AR. These forums have been ridiculously helpful informing me of what I can and cannot do legally and all of the choices I have within that range. So, thanks!

Still waiting on optics and rail guards...

I assembled the Mega Gator lower myself - not rocket surgery, more like LEGO, but still a lot of fun. :) The upper is a 16" mid-length, med-con barrel from CMMG, with the FF specter rail from Midwest Industries. I got the upper from Riflegear and those guys are top notch! Highly recommended!

BTW - Did I miss something with the CAA buttstock? I hardly see anybody using them, but mine seems VERY solid, has a side compartment and picattany rail for a cheek rest or mag-holder (I have both.) I love this stock, so it's no big deal if nobody else uses it, but seriously, do they have a rep for making sub-par equipment?

Here are the details:
CMMG 16" mid-length, med-con barrel
MI FF rifle-length rail
MI low-pro gasblock
YHM front and rear BUIS
YHM Phantom break - aggro style
Mega Gator OLL
Magpul MIAD
random VFG <-very solid!
CAA CBS buttstock w/ attached adjustable cheek rest
Bullet Button
10/30 PMAGS

11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Sweet man.. All you need know is an Aimpoint and your golden!!

EBR Works
11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Nice rifle. Very evil looking. Congrats!

I have the identical CAA butstock and love it. The adjustable cheek piece sometimes comes loose though.

11-05-2008, 1:18 PM
Thats a great first build!!!!!! congratz:hurray:

11-05-2008, 1:22 PM
Thanks all! I'm enjoying the whole process and already have a second lower to put together in the near future. Yay BRD! :D