PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Dartagnan
11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a question, with regards to guns sales, store owners and the DOJ! What if you as a citizen with HSC and proper Id, sales a gun to a FFL and a week later, has a revelation and would like the gun back. For discussion purposes, the FFL/gun store owner, agrees with the return, but procedure is not known.:confused:Thank you membership, moderators & admins! Yes We Can!;)

HowardW56
11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I have a question, with regards to guns sales, store owners and the DOJ! What if you as a citizen with HSC and proper Id, sales a gun to a FFL and a week later, has a revelation and would like the gun back. For discussion purposes, the FFL/gun store owner, agrees with the return, but procedure is not known.:confused:Thank you membership, moderators & admins! Yes We Can!;)

What type of transaction are you referring to? WHo is the seller?

Dartagnan
11-05-2008, 10:13 AM
The customer is the seller! If you walked into a store and sold your registared gun to the store owner!

HowardW56
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
The customer is the seller! If you walked into a store and sold your registared gun to the store owner!

Assuming what you are saying is that you own the gun and decide to sell it to a dealer, and then want the gun back.

If the dealer were to agree, I'm fairly confident that you would need to DROS the gun back to you. Even though it was your gun, it's been entered in his bound book and needs to be processed out.

bwiese
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Assuming what you are saying is that you own the gun and decide to sell it to a dealer, and then want the gun back.

If the dealer were to agree, I'm fairly confident that you would need to DROS the gun back to you. Even though it was your gun, it's been entered in his bound book and needs to be processed out.

Correct. No shortcuts just because a dude changed his mind.

FortCourageArmory
11-05-2008, 9:05 PM
Correct. No shortcuts just because a dude changed his mind.
Yep, and for those FFLs who transact business in cities that require a Second-Hand Dealer's license (like mine), there is an automatic 30-day hold on the firearm just bought. It cannot be transferred until that 30 days is up.

OCArmory
11-06-2008, 5:51 AM
Once it enters my bound book it has to be DROS'ed

Dartagnan
11-06-2008, 9:06 AM
great i thank you all