PDA

View Full Version : South Bay Ponds?

WhoDat
11-05-2008, 7:38 AM
Anyone hunt the ponds in the South Bay? Getting my permit today or tomorrow. Hope to shoot more than Spoonies, Bluebills, etc. there this year. Got a few teal there last year, but nothing outstanding. I have seen lots of Honkers flying around the area, though.

I wish they'd open up somewhere further up North, though. There were hundreds of Mallards, as well as lots of fat geese, hanging out around here last year.

Gunaria
11-12-2008, 5:07 PM
Have you put in for the Eden Landing hunts in Hayward?

WhoDat
11-12-2008, 6:37 PM
I've pretty much done Alviso and Sunnyvale. I'm hitting one of the two on Saturday. You need a boat for Sunnyvale, so I think it'll be Alviso next.. Send me a PM, if interested...

Gunaria
11-13-2008, 6:58 PM
I've pretty much done Alviso and Sunnyvale. I'm hitting one of the two on Saturday. You need a boat for Sunnyvale, so I think it'll be Alviso next.. Send me a PM, if interested...

I would love to join you if I still lived up that way. When I did, I did the Eden Landing hunts. Lot's of green heads in there and canvasbacks which we can not shoot this year.

Kind of sucks here in SoCal because we have very few choices, but hey I try to make the most of it. My bro & I each got a nice pintail yesterday.

Good luck.