PDA

View Full Version : Obama and 14th Amendment cases

aileron
11-05-2008, 5:17 AM
Is this going to thwart our efforts at 14th amendment incorporation. Or will that happen faster than he can change out the judges in the lower federal courts???

I don't understand how this all works and I'm getting paranoid already. :p

RomanDad
11-05-2008, 5:21 AM
Is this going to thwart our efforts at 14th amendment incorporation. Or will that happen faster than he can change out the judges in the lower federal courts???

I don't understand how this all works and I'm getting paranoid already. :p

No effect. Incorporation will be decided before he has much influence on the courts.

bwiese
11-05-2008, 8:32 AM
No effect. Incorporation will be decided before he has much influence on the courts.

We will get incorporation, and soon - at least in the 9th.

(Just because we do that doesn't mean the end of the battle, esp nationwide, as things won't be handed to us on a silver platter but the wind will be at our backs and a lotta BS will go away.)

ilbob
11-05-2008, 9:48 AM
You can bet on this. Obama's first act is to fire the US attorney in Chicago who is about to indict just about the whole democratic establishment in Illinois for corruption. BHO is a bit player in some of the corruption. He probably won't get indicted before he fires the US attorney and replaces him with a hack who will do as he is told.

hoffmang
11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
The later in time we push through firearms lawsuits, the higher the likelihood that we get a democrat appointed district or appellate judge. However, as long as our 5 at SCOTUS remain alive, we have 5-4 victories in the Supreme Court for most things.

As wise posters above said - this should have no real impact on Incorporation.

-Gene