PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T-1 Owners. Question.

mark2203
11-05-2008, 5:06 AM
I got a pretty sweet deal on an Aimpoint T-1 from a vendor on Ebay for $530. There was no tax, since it was coming from AZ, and no freight charge and I received a $130 cashback from live.com for using their search engine, which linked me to ebay, and selecting a "buy it now" vendor and paying through paypal, so technically I got it for $390. Since it was only coming from AZ, I received it in two days and it was new and intact as described. Pretty sweet.

The question I have is that I installed the battery and the instructions say that, for initially functionallity testing purposes, the red dot should be visible on the 4th brightness setting ,but the red dot only becomes faintly visible at the 7th brightness setting and moderately visible at the 8th setting. From the 9th through 12 setting it's clearly visible. Is this normal? Are the 1st through 6th brightness settings for nightvision use?

m1match
11-05-2008, 5:12 AM
Just remember, a lot depends on the ambient light. In dim light conditions, you'll be able to see the dot at much lower settings than outside in bright sunlight. I'm not home now, but I recall that even at setting 8 in bright sunlight isn't enough and you'll need to turn it up to 9 or 10 to be brightly visible. In a room at night with indoor lights on you should be able to see the dot before setting 6.

lakai
11-06-2008, 5:55 AM
You gotta turn it up pretty high to see the dot unless you're in complete darkness.

viras
11-06-2008, 7:38 AM
I have a CompC3, but I've used a T1 before too... The guys above are correct - the red dot will be visible at the 4th setting only if you're in a low-light environment. For bright daylight, you gotta turn it up to at least 7 or 8+.

12gauge12
11-06-2008, 8:47 AM
How did you get that deal again? I'm looking to get one too.

mark2203
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
How did you get that deal again? I'm looking to get one too.

You need to have a Paypal account, an ebay account and a live cashback account. https://cashbackaccount.search.live.com/cashback/welcome.aspx

Goto Live.com
Search Aimpoint T-1
The top search results should hvae a $live search cashback result. Select it.
Select one of the authentic T-1 results
Click buy it now, while logged in on ebay and before confirming the buy now purchase, you'll see the cashback amount below the confirmation. It can be as low as zero but as high as 25%. After you buy it now, you'll be directed to pay through paypal and the cashback funds will be approved in around 90-days and can be redeemed through paypal.

mxpatriot51
11-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Remember, it's a NOD compatible optic, so the first four levels are very dim for use with NODs.

Indoors, I generally have the dot set around 8. It becomes visible around 5, but is best for indoor use around 8. At night, it is visible at 4 indoors, but not as bright as I like to set it to.

For outdoor use, I generally run around 9 or 10. If is is really bright and the backdrop is sandy, I might run up to 11. 12 is extremely bright.