PDA

View Full Version : out of state PPT

chsk9
11-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Due to the elections I am considering the following. I have a relative in another state and I need to know if this would fly. If they purchases a rifle (or 5!) for me can she do a private party transfer if I move out of Cal? Also can they make Cal legal and ship to FFL for PPT? I think this is ok but thought I would get feedback. thanks!

Mssr. Eleganté
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Due to the elections I am considering the following. I have a relative in another state and I need to know if this would fly. If they purchases a rifle (or 5!) for me can she do a private party transfer if I move out of Cal? Also can they make Cal legal and ship to FFL for PPT? I think this is ok but thought I would get feedback. thanks!

If you ever become a resident of the same State as your relative then they could sell the guns to you in accordance with the laws of that State. Many States allow residents to sell guns to each other without any paperwork, but it would depend on what State you two were residents of.

They can also make the guns California-legal and ship them to a Dealer here in California to be transfered to you. However, this would not be a PPT. It would be a regular Dealer transfer and the Dealer can charge you whatever they want for the service.

chsk9
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
back to the drawing board....

thanks for the info!