PDA

View Full Version : difference between Stag, cmmg, and Noveske lowers?

GoingPro
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
im just curious about what the difference is between the lowers and which one of the three would you guys recommend thats best for the cash?

Axewound
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
whatever pic you like best

nick
11-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Is irrelevant, as all will be hard to buy soon enough, hence bringing the choices down to what you can get, not what you'd rather get :)

Axewound
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
actually buy two of the cheaper lowers on the list trust me. You will build more than 1 black rifle.
i just picked up a lower today to make me feel better about the election. it was a Kaiser defense from socal gun.
but other than that i got a stag

tlillard23
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
buy lots of the cheap ones. they are all the same.

s2000news
11-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I bought one the first time too.

Now I buy in bulk.

The lower (lower half of the build) isn't as important as the kit and trigger.

DedEye
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Stag and Noveske are both made by CMT, while I believe CMMG is made in house by CMMG. Almost no difference between most lowers beside the logo.

oogabooga
11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Stag and Noveske are both made by CMT, while I believe CMMG is made in house by CMMG. Almost no difference between most lowers beside the logo.

I think the new Noveske lowers are made by LAR now. There will probably be subtle differences like color of finish or machining marks. But like everybody else said, they're all the same. Choose the prettiest picture :D

aplinker
11-05-2008, 1:29 AM

Noveske are cut by LAR now, as are CMMG.

CMT still cuts Stag (of course :D )

I told the OP this before in his original thread. There's no difference.

He also hasn't bothered to read through the newbie guide, since he's posting every question every new person asks on this board.

So, please, go visit this thread... NOW:
http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

GoingPro
11-05-2008, 1:47 AM

He also hasn't bothered to read through the newbie guide, since he's posting every question every new person asks on this board.

nice link, thanks!....i shoulda been smarter and noticed it before....

aplinker
11-05-2008, 2:04 AM
nice link, thanks!....i shoulda been smarter and noticed it before....

it's ok... most people don't search or browse around. ;)

There are some good resources on here.

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 7:32 AM

Noveske were cut by CMT and a batch from LAR.....the latest ones are mostly CMT again.....

Most LAR cut rcvrs are teflon coated.....

hybridatsun350
11-05-2008, 8:35 AM
Pick the one with the best roll mark on the side, but I would buy whichever one I could find right now.

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 2:23 PM
You better work fast cause they are going with light speed !!! and on choice go with what you can get like everyone says! I perfer stag but beggers cant be choosers in these dark times!!!

supermario
11-06-2008, 3:22 PM
If you buy LCW lowers they are cheap and made by LMT.

mlin
11-06-2008, 7:29 PM
Earlier this year, John Noveske gave an interview to Defense Review and here was some of his word:

"The lowers on our rifles are made by CMT... We had some made by LAR..... with a B prefix on the serial number, but that was a limited production run....."

You can see the interview in:
http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1167

LIFEWITHOUT
11-09-2008, 3:18 PM
Alower is a lower. Spend your heavier coins on the upper and trigger and glass.

CRTguns
11-09-2008, 9:01 PM
Do people really beleive there is a difference.. like an actual difference besides the name?

We don't poll our friends about the best bottled water out there, right?
One water is not "better" than the next, right?
How about milk.. is fosters better than crystal?
Gas... well, chevron has techron, so yeah, it's better.
AR's dont use techron though.;)

Truth is, there are @ 7 MFG of AR recievers in this country, and they ALL use aluminum, they ALL use either a forging or a milled billet, and they ALL use the same go-no go guage to QC the things when they are done.

Lets not get started on the 1911 pistols... SIG, KIMBER and S&W- yes, they all share the same birth mother too.

Not one brand is "better" than the other. They are different, sure- but quality, accuracy, reliability and such are moot.

when you get more diverse... like bolt action rifles, yes there is a clear winner in the hunting class. And a winner in varminter class, and a winner in target class, etc... but the business of EBRs has only one highlight, and that is that they ALL are EBRs. nuff said.

To make or break your build, consider optics, trigger, BARREL brand.
The furniture does NOT make your gun more accurate.
The paint does not make it tactical.
The poundage of stuff on your RIS does not make the rifle better.
These do make it COOLER.

...all in kindness and respect. I just gotta say it. :):):)