PDA

View Full Version : questions about CFLC

nick
11-04-2008, 7:29 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me exactly what an out of state dealer have to do in oder to comply with CFLC. Widener's wouldn't ship to an 01 FFL in CA (they "wouldn't jump through hoops" as they put it), they only send to an 03 FFL, which I don't have, nor intend to get.

If they don't have to do much to comply with it, as I believe is the case, I'm going to try to convince them to change this policy. They're missing on the whole market, do exactly what the people pushing for that stupid law hoped to achieve, and all that for not wanting to do a little effort. If, in fact, the effort is little.

Thanks,

nick

ohsmily
11-04-2008, 8:04 PM
This is right off the DOJ BOF website. Did you even bother looking at the FAQ?

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php

https://webapps.doj.ca.gov/cflc/addEnrolee.do?dispatch=enrollmentGuidelines

nick
11-04-2008, 8:19 PM
Nope, I didn't, but thank you for the links. While doing everything from the scratch may strengthen one's soul, and reinventing the wheel might give one's brain a good exercise, the good news is that many things have already been invented and researched by others. For example, one doesn't have to design a gasoline engine from the scratch, he can use the groundwork performed by others. One can also benefit from the research others did on the DOJ website, for example, making things faster. That's one of the purposes behind a forumcombining the knowledge of many people :)

Once again, thank you for the links, I appreciate it.

dfletcher
11-04-2008, 8:22 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me exactly what an out of state dealer have to do in oder to comply with CFLC. Widener's wouldn't ship to an 01 FFL in CA (they "wouldn't jump through hoops" as they put it), they only send to an 03 FFL, which I don't have, nor intend to get.

If they don't have to do much to comply with it, as I believe is the case, I'm going to try to convince them to change this policy. They're missing on the whole market, do exactly what the people pushing for that stupid law hoped to achieve, and all that for not wanting to do a little effort. If, in fact, the effort is little.

Thanks,

nick

After you check out DOJ website and find out it takes only a few minutes, maybe suggest to Wideners that they start using CFLC, charge a few $$$ more and ship to CA Type 01 FFLs. Just remember, you can't tell someone something they don't want to know, good luck.

Oh, and maybe they'll learn to appreciate the CA market after tonight's election results.

nick
11-04-2008, 8:29 PM
Oh, and maybe they'll learn to appreciate the CA market after tonight's election results.

Not for a few months, I'm afraid. I'd imagine the demand will be pretty high in the next few months.

Ironchef
11-05-2008, 9:45 AM
I've tried explaining the ease of the CFLC process to a couple out of state FFLs and only one seemed to remotely listen and possibly consider it.

Meplat
11-06-2008, 7:37 PM
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It waists your time and it annoys the pig.

After you check out DOJ website and find out it takes only a few minutes, maybe suggest to Wideners that they start using CFLC, charge a few $$$ more and ship to CA Type 01 FFLs. Just remember, you can't tell someone something they don't want to know, good luck.