PDA

View Full Version : Pro's and Con's; Bullet Button and Prince 50?

GoingPro
11-04-2008, 1:19 PM
just wondering whats the difference is between the two...i know that with the bullet button you can just use a bullet tip to take out the magazine....how about the prince 50 ? what would you prefer and why?

Capt. Speirs
11-04-2008, 1:21 PM
just wondering whats the difference is between the two...i know that with the bullet button you can just use a bullet tip to take out the magazine....how about the prince 50 ? what would you prefer and why?

BB you can change mags at the range and Prince50 you have to top load at the range.

ohsmily
11-04-2008, 1:28 PM
The ONLY advantage of a P50 over the bullet button is that it only takes the turn of a screw to restore it to "free state status." So, if you go shoot in NV or AZ every once in a while, the P50 makes it easier to switch to a standard mag release.

The B15 is the best of both worlds and operates as a bullet button in one mode and with the turn of a screw becomes a standard magazine release for free state shooting.

AdamM
11-04-2008, 2:28 PM
B15 is my favorite.

Not the prettiest, but most practical IMO

nobs11
11-04-2008, 2:49 PM
-Do you travel with your AR to a state where you can legally detach magazines without tools and use features? If not you don't care about the Prince 50.

-Do you live in CA alone and want to use features but don't mind the inconvenience of using a tool to drop your mags? Get a BB.

-Do you live in CA alone and don't want to use a tool to release mags but don't mind giving up features? Use a MonsterMan grip or the U-15 stock. Also the only option if you have high cap magazines that you might want to use.

If you use the search, this topic has been discussed ad naseum.

aplinker
11-04-2008, 2:52 PM
You covered the functional difference.

Prince50 is the original locked magazine device. Since then, the bullet button came into use. With a P50 you have to top load by separating the upper from the lower (sucks). With a BB you drop the mag with a tool and insert another.

BB>>>>P50

The B15 is a nice option. Search B15 in the thread title and you'll see what it is/looks like. It's a small cage over a mag release that operates like a BB, but is quickly removable if you go out of state.

http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=103338

It has it in the title, I guess it's too short, though.

CHS
11-04-2008, 2:57 PM
The ONLY advantage of a P50 over the bullet button is that it only takes the turn of a screw to restore it to "free state status." So, if you go shoot in NV or AZ every once in a while, the P50 makes it easier to switch to a standard mag release.

The B15 is the best of both worlds and operates as a bullet button in one mode and with the turn of a screw becomes a standard magazine release for free state shooting.

Yeah, what he said.

Even with the ease of returning a P50 gun back to "free state" status, it still only takes about 60 seconds to return a BB gun to the same. And a bullet button is far more convenient inside of CA. I keep the parts in the trap door of my pistol grip for just such an occasion :)

The nice thing about a BB is that you can't get popped for felony AW possession if you slip up and leave an empty magwell. With the P50 you can't have an empty magwell unless you pull the upper first (or otherwise remove the prohibited features).

Go with the BB.

Gryff
11-04-2008, 3:42 PM
Search B15 in the thread title and you'll see what it is/looks like.

Results of search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

vinny_land
11-04-2008, 3:48 PM
Try "B15 Bullet Button"

nobs11
11-04-2008, 3:51 PM
Results of search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Try "B-15 bullet button." I got 493 threads.

aplinker
11-04-2008, 3:54 PM
http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=103338

rabagley
11-04-2008, 4:57 PM
Okay, so I'm sold and I want four.

One little problem:

Who has them in stock?

Riflegear doesn't. tenpercent doesn't list them in the storefront. Can't find product lists from anyone else online.

shark92651
11-04-2008, 6:32 PM
Okay, so I'm sold and I want four.

One little problem:

Who has them in stock?

Riflegear doesn't. tenpercent doesn't list them in the storefront. Can't find product lists from anyone else online.

To my knowledge nobody has the B15 in stock. The forum members "sold" you a product that isn't available right now :D More are supposed to be entering production soon but no firm delivery date is set yet.

I'd be happy to sell you a BB or two to hold you over if you like ;)

Gryff
11-04-2008, 7:08 PM
I'd be happy to sell you a BB or two to hold you over if you like ;)

Might be a valid idea. You can always re-sell here it on CalGuns once the B15 becomes available.

ThomasMagnum
11-04-2008, 8:13 PM
Try cold war shooters. I bought a few the other day and they are on the way. I don't have them in hand but I did call to make sure that they were actually the B-15s and they confirmed it.

ElevenBravO
11-05-2008, 3:51 AM
+1 to BB's

Air
11-05-2008, 4:56 AM
Try cold war shooters. I bought a few the other day and they are on the way. I don't have them in hand but I did call to make sure that they were actually the B-15s and they confirmed it.

Just looked on the website, they are sold out...