PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for OLL??? Eureka story

bombadillo
11-03-2008, 6:17 PM
Well, I guess from santa rosa up, we're chopped liver, because now every FFL up here is done drosing OLL's. I just talked to the last guy to do them tonight and the DOJ said that they are told not to tell the FFL's whether or not they are legal. The woman at DOJ also said that there is a good chance that they will end up in court years down the line for DROSing an assault weapon illegally and that they could be charged for it. I am in Eureka, and was wondering where in the vally or where else I could drive that would have a good selection, as well as have OLL's in stock that I could pay for and pick them up a couple of weeks later. I've seen the list, but am just curious which one would be the best option. I'm so ready to move to Idaho at this point just to be done with all of this garbage. I can't believe that everything here is illegal. :nopity:

nobs11
11-03-2008, 6:24 PM
. I'm so ready to move to Idaho at this point just to be done with all of this garbage. I can't believe that everything here is illegal.

Or you could move down south. Better weather. OLL friendly.

MonsterMan
11-03-2008, 6:26 PM
It is amazing how powerful FUD can be.

bombadillo
11-03-2008, 6:27 PM
But Idaho, nothing is illegal because somebody watched a movie and decided they thought a gun looked scary, nice mild summers, my money stretches further, it snows, and hunting is phenomenal. Anyway, anybody got some ideas for me??

1911_Mitch
11-03-2008, 6:28 PM
Bullseye in Marin is probably the nearest 'shop'

There's a few spots further south if you want to travel more.

bombadillo
11-03-2008, 6:30 PM
I'm just looking for a few things, selection, OLL friendly, and close (basically within around 6 hours drive time as I'm splitting it with a buddy of mine)

csmintel
11-03-2008, 6:35 PM
anyone esle smells blood in the air? anarhy is the mother of order.:gunsmilie:

1911_Mitch
11-03-2008, 6:55 PM
Irvington Arms might still be within your driving range.

Both Bullseye and IA have websites. Also check the headers and Industry sections of this website.

stphnman20
11-03-2008, 7:17 PM
It is amazing how powerful FUD can be.
Tell me about it!!:mad:

aplinker
11-03-2008, 7:35 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124678

This lists them all that have been mentioned. Which one quit?

Redding is probably closest.

bwiese
11-03-2008, 8:14 PM
The woman at DOJ also said that there is a good chance that they will end up in court years down the line for DROSing an assault weapon illegally and that they could be charged for it.

Which DOJ BoF staff member told you that?
What was the time & date of your call to the DOJ in which they told you this, as best you remember it?

shark92651
11-03-2008, 8:22 PM
Which DOJ BoF staff member told you that?
What was the time & date of your call to the DOJ in which they told you this, as best you remember it?

Uh oh, I smell blood in the water...

bombadillo
11-03-2008, 8:41 PM
Well, to answer uclaplinker, he was not on the list. He was specifically just a small time FFL who was doing transfers of saigas, oll's and just about anything else Cal legal. As of right now, kevin @ old west shootery is no longer drosing, Pro Sport Center as of yesterday is no longer DROSing them, and paul's guns here in Eureka is no longer DROSing them. I am unsure that Grundmans guns in Rio Dell is OLL friendly or not but I don't believe they are anymore.

To answer BWIESE, I can find out a name of the person that Craig spoke with because he writes names and numbers of each person for obvious reasons. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know what happens. Is there any recourse that the local guys can take on things like this. Everyone is scared and nobody up here really seems to know the laws and the whole Off List Lower specifics, Bullet Button legalities, Harrot v kings county, Kasler list or anything. I try to educate people a little, bring in PC and show them in writing off of the DOJ website, the whole case of Kings County printed, and all kinds of other things, but they just don't seem to care. All people are hearing right now is Court!!! They all want to play C.Y.A. and not screw around with the lawyers just to make 30 bucks. I don't know what to do other than go out of the area.

MudCamper
11-03-2008, 8:54 PM
Find a local FFL who will accept the transfer:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63050

There is one listed in Ukiah and one in Red Bluff. You could call and ask them. If you have to drive south, I recommend Wael Hadid in Tomales (Sonoma/Marin county). He's a great guy and does OLL transfers.

And order from any of these:

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/
http://lanworldinc.com/
http://www.ddsranch.com/

or any number of CA friendly dealers.

Spyder
11-03-2008, 9:46 PM
I've got a great guy in Yuba City that will do them and usually has a few in stock, or can order whatever you want and have it by the time your ten days is up. Let me know if you want to come here and I'll send you his way.

aplinker
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Did you try the "Anglin Second Hand" place listed on the OLL stocking dealer list I referenced?

Gator Monroe
11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Olde West Gun & Loan (Redding Ca.):)

gotgunz
11-04-2008, 1:07 AM
I've got a great guy in Yuba City that will do them and usually has a few in stock, or can order whatever you want and have it by the time your ten days is up. Let me know if you want to come here and I'll send you his way.

Who is this dealer you speak of?

Inquiring minds want to know........

bombadillo
11-04-2008, 7:56 AM
Did you try the "Anglin Second Hand" place listed on the OLL stocking dealer list I referenced?

Yeah, I'm about 99 percent positive that they no longer accept lowers. I'll have to give steve a call and see what is going on there sometime today.

Rabidmonkey777
11-04-2008, 9:18 AM
Hello, and i also live in eureka/arcata, and about 6 months ago i got my OLL from Craig Casey (gunsmith and licensed ffl dealer) in Mckinleyville. Give him a call, he is an awsome guy and will be happy to sell you an OLL.

Deadred7o7
11-04-2008, 9:22 AM
Hello, and i also live in eureka/arcata, and about 6 months ago i got my OLL from Craig Casey (gunsmith and licensed ffl dealer) in Mckinleyville. Give him a call, he is an awsome guy and will be happy to sell you an OLL.

Thats a no go now :(

I 2 got mine through him but sounds like DOJ put the brakes on him :eek:

asheron2
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Bucksport might be able to do them, the guys in there are pretty nice.

bombadillo
11-04-2008, 2:33 PM
Bucksports won't accept olls, pro sport is a no go, Pauls, Craig Casey, and everyone else is a no go in Eureka. Literally we all have to travel now for lowers.

what2be
11-04-2008, 4:39 PM
What happened with Pro Sports Center? Just a few months ago I was in there and they were doing OLL transfers. What changed?

tenring
11-04-2008, 4:50 PM
In in Red Bluff, and will be at the Ferndale gun show on the 15th & 16th.

bombadillo
11-04-2008, 5:05 PM
Well, quick update I contacted pauls guns and he said he will but he's not accepting transfers right now, just what he can source. Craig Casey will not do anymore period, neither will pro sport center, or bucksports. Anglin said he would as long as it was legal which means he may call up and they'll tell him the same crap they told all the other guys to scare them away from doing anything. I ordered 2 sun devil lowers and having them shipped to an undisclosed dealer until it all rolls over. Then after I get them, I'll tell you who it was and how it worked out just in case the DOJ patrols here and is calling these guys or specifically answering things just to screw us over. (I know kinda conspiracy theory, but thats the way its gotta be!)

busarich
11-04-2008, 6:21 PM

Agree, I picked up a spikes lower from him yesterday. Looking at getting a couple of more.
Rich

BigBamBoo
11-04-2008, 6:45 PM