PDA

View Full Version : Saiga Bulletin!

CRTguns
11-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Those who have not read it- Just in case... there may be a few of these "extra bad" recievers lurking about.

http://www.ellettbrothers.com/Saiga/SlideShow.asp

Dirtbiker
11-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Oops?

Saiga parts kits anyone?

5hundo
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
That sux...

I hope nobody has to give up their guns because of this. :eek:

Being a car enthusiast, I automatically thought to myself: "that's nothing some body filler, some sandpaper and a coat of paint couldn't cover up!"

KIDDING!!! Just Kidding!!! :D

stphnman20
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Damn this is going to suck!

frigginchi
11-04-2008, 8:51 AM
So any credibility to this?

moulton
11-04-2008, 9:17 AM
So any credibility to this?

Well, its from the ATF.....so, Doubtful :TFH:

1lostinspace
11-04-2008, 9:28 AM
cool

bwiese
11-04-2008, 9:29 AM
I'm hearing it hasn't applied to "regular rifle Saigas" (i.e., RAAC ones in traditional rifle stocks - as opposed to pistol-gripped AK-looking rifles)

Nevertheless, any Saiga owner should look for that 3rd hole.

rtlltj
11-04-2008, 9:37 AM
I just checked my saiga and it doesn't have the sear pin so good to go.

moulton
11-04-2008, 9:47 AM
I just checked my saiga and it doesn't have the sear pin so good to go.

lets not report back....maybe someone is stupid enough to say they have a Saiga with an extra hole.....no need for ninja's busting through the doors ;)

viras
11-04-2008, 9:47 AM
This smells very fishy.

1) Why can I only find this bulletin on "Ellett Brother's" website, and not on the BATF Website?
2) The "Bulletin" itself seems pretty low-quality for a governmental released document.
3) There is no mention of this bulletin anywhere on http://forum.saiga-12.com - if this were real, these guys would've been the first ones to make a big stink about it.
4) On the last page of the bulletin, the contact info states to contact "Chief", but doesn't give a name. This is highly irregular.
5) On the BATF Website, I conducted a simple search for the term "Saiga". Only 10 results came back (http://searchjustice.usdoj.gov/search?q=Saiga+&site=default_collection&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=atf&proxystylesheet=atf&btnG=Submit) - none of which were related to this bulletin.

nick
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
JUst checked mine. Alas, all are semis.

motorhead
11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
have seen this, no verification. there have been instances in the past of extra dimples (no hole) and slotted rails in legally imported rifles. the pic shows an f/a rec. with the fun hole plugged with a rivet. if these did make it in you can bet they are being collected as we speak. ffl bound books are open if gun is used in a crime, f/a rec. is a crime. they know what load had these and where they shipped.

joe_sun
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
This is legit. A few months ago someone on another forum posted a picture of his Saiga and it had the nefarious "third hole" riveted.

Everyone freaked out and told him to take back the rifle.

CRTguns
11-04-2008, 3:27 PM
a few years ago, another gun distributor, Acu Sport Corp (like ellett brothers) Sold us half dozen saigas. a month later- thay called, neediing them back- said they made a mistake. So I got them all back form customers ant my expense. I never really understood why till now. they probably HAD the 3rd hole.

AlohaRover
11-04-2008, 8:45 PM
This is very, very old info. Was early EAA imports I believe

frigginchi
11-04-2008, 8:50 PM
Good because I bought one from you ;)

This is very, very old info. Was early EAA imports I believe