PDA

View Full Version : The OLL addiction continues...

Heatseeker
11-03-2008, 8:06 AM
I was having trouble sleeping this morning, so I got up @ 6:00 am and finished my latest project. This is my second (Bullet Button) OLL build. It took me about 4 months to get everything together due to my meager budget.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc296/Heatseekerjet/S3600381.jpg

Isn't she the cutest little thing? Too bad the Break Free tainted the Calguns logo :( .

All I need now is some sights/optics/tac lighting to round out the build.

RikSors
11-03-2008, 8:11 AM
Indeed, she is. Parts? Total?

bombadillo
11-03-2008, 8:13 AM
What caliber is she?? Looks like .223 but you never know anymore.

sytfu_RR
11-03-2008, 10:07 AM
very nice, specs?

ncmavtgun
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Very Nice!

Excuse my ignorance, but are OLL builds completely legal in California?
Would it be a better choice then a neutered Bushmaster top loader?

Darklyte27
11-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Very Nice!

Excuse my ignorance, but are OLL builds completely legal in California?
Would it be a better choice then a neutered Bushmaster top loader?

You have very much to learn :euro:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Gator Monroe
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
This is gettin old ... Cant any of you OLL guys post about your Retro M16A1 build or at least an XM177E2 build if you have to have an M4GERY kinda rig ...:mad:

ncmavtgun
11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
You have very much to learn :euro:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

YES, i do...
Thanks for that interesting flowchart.
Great info.

aplinker
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
YES, i do...
Thanks for that interesting flowchart.
Great info.

This thread is helpful:
http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

welcome to CG and your opened eyes. ;)

JTecalo
11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm working on my retro look, just taking a while. just bought a Colt A1 stock from a Calgunner today, to go with my 20" colt upper.

I'll use my Noveske lower with a bb

got to find a A1 style FH

This is gettin old ... Cant any of you OLL guys post about your Retro M16A1 build or at least an XM177E2 build if you have to have an M4GERY kinda rig ...:mad:

X-NewYawker
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice clean build. Twist?

redneckshootist
11-03-2008, 12:50 PM

why is it getting old? I think its a good looking gun. Why criticize someone for doing what they like.
whats getting old is your complaining

Gator Monroe
11-03-2008, 2:20 PM
why is it getting old? I think its a good looking gun. Why criticize someone for doing what they like.
whats getting old is your complaining

It's gettin old because for every 5 BUILDS shown in pics or threads created about 4 (Or more) of them are M4GERY or Bubba/tacticool EBR with every bell & whistle and lazer & light and rail imaginable ... and I'm a Milsurp kinda guy so it gets old with posts about cutting edge stuff when on occasion I like threads about vintage and historic kinda weapons & accesories...

redneckshootist
11-03-2008, 3:20 PM
It's gettin old because for every 5 BUILDS shown in pics or threads created about 4 (Or more) of them are M4GERY or Bubba/tacticool EBR with every bell & whistle and lazer & light and rail imaginable ... and I'm a Milsurp kinda guy so it gets old with posts about cutting edge stuff when on occasion I like threads about vintage and historic kinda weapons & accesories...

well than guess what there is a spot dedicated to C&R, vintage and historic kinda stuff http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84 I suggest you check it out some time ;)

MILLITIAof1
11-03-2008, 3:39 PM
hearing about retro ar's is getting pretty old.

Heatseeker
11-03-2008, 5:04 PM
Thanks for the props guys. The build is as follows:
Spike's Calguns lower
Stag upper
DPMS 16" 1/9 twist barrel 5.56
DPMS BCG
DPMS LPK
Midwest Industries non-free float handguard
Stag collapsible buttstock

All together, I'm in it around $750 so far including the DROS fees on the lower.

I also have a 20" A2 "forgery". I'm not too fond of the triangular handguards so an A1 is pretty much at the bottom of my list...that's why I didn't post a pic of one of those :nuts: .

tempdrummer
11-03-2008, 6:05 PM

So people should only post pictures of stuff that you want to see?

I agree that there are a lot of m4gery but some of us dont care about a retro m16 look and/or like milsurps AND m4geries.

aplinker
11-03-2008, 6:12 PM

lol... just when I thought it couldn't get more ridiculous from you. :rolleyes:

He made a thread about his rifle. You can bag on it however you'd like, but do you really need to say it sucks just because you're into retro ARs now?

I think old M16s look like poo. :shrug:

daves100
11-03-2008, 6:17 PM
tell me about it i have 7 lowers and more on the way.......:43:

cal3gunner
11-03-2008, 6:25 PM
Did anyone else notice that this rifle is not finished yet? Unless you want to only shoot big targets at close range then you might want to get yourself some sights or a scope. Oh wait, it has a pistol grip so you are just going to shoot from the hip like the way politicians want you to.

Good looking rifle, give us a range report once you get some sights.

redneckshootist
11-03-2008, 6:29 PM
Did anyone else notice that this rifle is not finished yet? Unless you want to only shoot big targets at close range then you might want to get yourself some sights or a scope. Oh wait, it has a pistol grip so you are just going to shoot from the hip like the way politicians want you to.

Good looking rifle, give us a range report once you get some sights.

the OP actually stated that in the first post post that the gun needed sights/scope ect.
I noticed it wasnt done but I read the whole post ;)

workinwifdakids
11-03-2008, 9:04 PM
All I need now is some sights/optics/tac lighting to round out the build.

Someone had two bowls of Rude Flakes this morning.