PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy directly from Spikes Tactical before? I'm having a problem.

pacrimguru
11-03-2008, 8:49 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, but has anyone bought directly from Spikes Tactical before? I'm having a problem getting a hold of them regarding my order.

I spoke to someone there last Wednesday over the phone and promptly placed an order the same day online. The man I spoke to said they could have my order out as soon as the next day. Since then, they've charged my card but haven't responded to 3 e-mails, 3 phone calls, a voicemail, and a text message. (the phone number on their site is a cell number.) 2 of the e-mails i sent were sent through their contact us page on their site and one was a reply to their automated receipt e-mail.

I'm not being impatient, but I wanted to ask them a few simple questions and to add a few things to my order before they ship it. I'd rather it be done before it ships if it hasn't already.

Anyone know anyone there? How do I get in touch with them other than the site listed phone and e-mail address?

offrdmania
11-03-2008, 8:53 AM
There are only a few people that work there. This has been talked about many times before. They are there, you just have to call over and over again until someone answers. They are great people but they are extremely busy. Since Jamie went back to school its been tough to get a hold of someone. Keep trying, you will get through. Call this number, it is the number to the office. 407-928-2666

stphnman20
11-03-2008, 8:58 AM
Go on ARFCOM and ask them on their forum. He's on everyday.

offrdmania
11-03-2008, 8:59 AM
He is online over there right now

pacrimguru
11-03-2008, 9:11 AM
thanks for the info. which user name am i looking for over there?

offrdmania
11-03-2008, 9:31 AM
click on the "industry" button and scroll down to Spikes Tactical

pacrimguru
11-03-2008, 9:36 AM
got it, thanks!!!

UPDATE:
Spoke to Angela over there and everything is resolved. Like everyone else says, the crew at Spike's are crazy busy but are wonderful to deal with! (when you can get ahold of them.)

Mssr. Eleganté
11-03-2008, 8:37 PM
I spoke to someone there last Wednesday over the phone and promptly placed an order the same day online. The man I spoke to said they could have my order out as soon as the next day. Since then, they've charged my card but haven't responded to 3 e-mails, 3 phone calls, a voicemail, and a text message.

Because of the way their web site is set up they charge your credit card as soon as you place an order online. Even if you order something that isn't going to be in stock for several months your card will still get charged. If you order over the phone then they don't charge you until they ship the product.

redcliff
11-03-2008, 8:52 PM
Spikes has good stuff, but they're slow. Typical lag before shipping is about 4 business days. You'd think as much money as they make they'd be able to afford another order processor/shipping clerk.

BroncoBob
11-04-2008, 6:59 PM
Too bad Jamie went back to school, she was great to work with. Never had an issue when she was there.

viras
11-04-2008, 7:24 PM
I bought my upper directly from them. I placed my order over the phone because the upper wasn't available online. Anyway, it was shipped out promptly and I got it within a week. When I got it, I noticed that the end cap was missing, and I called them the next day. I had trouble reaching them for a few days (same as you, they didn't return my calls/emails), but once I managed to get a hold of them, Angela sent me out a new end cap within a week.

They are good people with a great product, but sometimes they fall a little behind returning phone calls/e-mails right away. I hear that they're a very small operation, so it's forgivable.

Anyhow, I love my Spikes Chubaka Upper!

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7491/dsc01619fx2.jpg

pacrimguru, what did you get??