View Full Version : Advice...

11-03-2008, 5:04 AM
Currently I have a Saiga 7.62 and was thinking of doing some "upgrades". Our friends over at Henderson Defense in Nevada can do this for me for $250. They will remove and relocate trigger group and trigger guard, install bullet guide, install pistol K-var grip, install standard K-Var buttstock, G2 trigger group and thirty-round military-issue magazine (10/30)

Or, should I just get one of those awesome looking, already made "certified" WASR's for about $450? Then eventually work on my Saiga down the road a bit.

I'm leaning toward the WASR :) but I wanted input from others, and motivation to confront the wife with this plan! LOL

I will be in Vegas next week, so I figure I need to make a decision...

11-03-2008, 6:10 AM
I say convert the Saiga..

11-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow, ok anyone else?

11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I would add $150 and buy something other than a WASR - like a Lancaster.

WASRs are plagued with issues. They're a crap shoot.

I wouldn't convert a Saiga unless I went all the way - did the gas tube, etc. It won't look like an AK without the cleaning rod.

You other option is to buy a kit and a receiver, then have someone build it up for you.

11-03-2008, 3:07 PM
I would buy a new toy and do the conversions later ;)

11-03-2008, 3:18 PM

+1, thats what I'd do

11-03-2008, 3:21 PM
yeah get something diffrent, new toys are always fun .

11-03-2008, 6:01 PM

Yea, thats what I have heard about the WASR's. The only thing that gives me comfort is the fact that its from Henderson Defense. They inspect each rifle for sight canting, mag wobble etc. They know their stuff. I'm positive they wont sell me crap.

I like new toys myself.

I do have an additional question I hear about WASR, can someone describe what "Trigger Slap" is, and should I be worried about it?

Mark One
11-03-2008, 6:07 PM

You can never have too many guns, upgraded or not

11-03-2008, 7:39 PM
Buy 2 saigas, convert 1 and leave the other one stock. B.T.W. Get some flats and a bending jig anyway. If there was a total ban imposed............;)