PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 trigger doesn't rest

scotthmt
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Weird problem I am having on my 10/22. I fire a round, it cycles, feeds another round, I pull the trigger and there is no tension and it feels as if the hammer was not cocked, I flick the trigger and the hammer cocks and then i can fire off the next round. If i fire a round and release the trigger really quick I can fire the next round without flicking the trigger. What would this be? Disconnector? Im clueless when it comes to this gun.

The Cable Guy
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Weird problem I am having on my 10/22. I fire a round, it cycles, feeds another round, I pull the trigger and there is no tension and it feels as if the hammer was not cocked, I flick the trigger and the hammer cocks and then i can fire off the next round. If i fire a round and release the trigger really quick I can fire the next round without flicking the trigger. What would this be? Disconnector? Im clueless when it comes to this gun.

This happened with my .22 Upper. It just needed to be broken in. After 30 or so "cock and shoot" cycles, it "broke in" and I was shooting semi-auto just fine.

mossy
11-03-2008, 8:37 AM

the gun does not need to be broken in. the pin that holds your trigger in place has creeped out of place during use. take the stock off the rifle push the pin back in and you are good to go. i had the same problem when i put my 10/22 in a BC folding stock.

scotthmt
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah, the gun has about 2k-3k rounds down it, i think its far past broken in. I'll take it out of the stock and see what I can find

nobs11
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
the gun does not need to be broken in. the pin that holds your trigger in place has creeped out of place during use. take the stock off the rifle push the pin back in and you are good to go. i had the same problem when i put my 10/22 in a BC folding stock.

That is very likely your problem. This is why I have a little piece of electric tape covering the pins.

scotthmt
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
gah, this just sucks because its in a g36 body, so taking it out isnt as simple as removing it from a regular stock, but thanks for the info guys

ohsmily
11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
gah, this just sucks because its in a g36 body, so taking it out isnt as simple as removing it from a regular stock, but thanks for the info guys

Haha, that is what you get for using that airsoft body.

Anyway, to solve the problem, electrical tape over the pin hole might work. However, the best way to solve this problem would be to "bed" the action where the pins are so the stock holds the pins in. You can use marinetex or any other epoxy compound.

wildcard
11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Haha, that is what you get for using that airsoft body.

Anyway, to solve the problem, electrical tape over the pin hole might work. However, the best way to solve this problem would be to "bed" the action where the pins are so the stock holds the pins in. You can use marinetex or any other epoxy compound.

Make sure the spring between the back of your trigger and the trigger guard is there! Its a easy part to leave out and still have your rifle somewhat function.