PDA

View Full Version : My wife showed me up at the range!!

a1fabweld
11-02-2008, 7:16 PM
As embarrassed as I am, I'm much more proud of my wife for her new found talent with a gun. Over the years she has been very anti gun. I played along for a while but then guns became a part of my lifestyle once again. I guess she accepts the guns as there are 2 safes full of them in the house now! LOL! She finally went shooting with me today. She handled a 1911 just as well as I did. We then went down to the rifle range & I sighted in an Aimpoint on my new 16" Noveske. After I had the Aimpoint dialed in, I gave it to her. She pulls the trigger only to nick the bullseye! She handed it back & said she was done. I asked WTF? She said "I can't really get any better than that." She has never shot or even handled an AR in her life. I feel like a dumb *** that my rookie shooter wife can out shoot me, but I am very proud of her!

gotgunz
11-02-2008, 7:21 PM
I have said for years in the classes I teach that all things being equal (or in your case not equal, LOL) that women will out shoot a man almost every time.
They don't have to overcome the 'ego factor' which can certainly make all the difference.

I get a huge kick from watching the faces of other shooters as my teenage daughter shoots one of my 'hand cannons'.

csmintel
11-02-2008, 7:39 PM
....you can have 10 safes full of guns in the house....but still be a lowsy shot.

devildog999
11-02-2008, 7:47 PM
I wish I had 2 safes full :( I only have one :(

CSDGuy
11-02-2008, 7:49 PM
I just wish I had a full safe... ;)

dreyna14
11-02-2008, 8:04 PM
With how well I've seen my girlfriend do with airsoft, I can't wait to get her to the range to shoot my guns. If she shoot better than me, it'll only make me love her more.

Young Version
11-02-2008, 8:20 PM

I wish I had a safe, period. I have a locked case.

1lostinspace
11-02-2008, 8:34 PM
As embarrassed as I am, I'm much more proud of my wife for her new found talent with a gun. Over the years she has been very anti gun. I played along for a while but then guns became a part of my lifestyle once again. I guess she accepts the guns as there are 2 safes full of them in the house now! LOL! She finally went shooting with me today. She handled a 1911 just as well as I did. We then went down to the rifle range & I sighted in an Aimpoint on my new 16" Noveske. After I had the Aimpoint dialed in, I gave it to her. She pulls the trigger only to nick the bullseye! She handed it back & said she was done. I asked WTF? She said "I can't really get any better than that." She has never shot or even handled an AR in her life. I feel like a dumb *** that my rookie shooter wife can out shoot me, but I am very proud of her!

had a girlfriend a while back using my eotech and 16" hit the man size target at 500 yards 7 out of 10 times, my 0 is at 200 meters so I told her put the dot on the top of his head and act like your taking a picture, take all the slack out of the trigger and exhale slowly as you squeeze "send it , send it, send it" I was blown away. The only reason she missed was the wind change.

apbrian112
11-02-2008, 8:44 PM
....you can have 10 safes full of guns in the house....but still be a lowsy shot.

must be same as having a house full of dictionaries and still being a lousy speller. :D

devildog999
11-02-2008, 8:51 PM
First time I took my wife shooting, she did pretty darn good. She hated guns, and now loves them

forgiven
11-02-2008, 9:05 PM
My choice of women I dated and the one I married was on condition that they were pro-gun and pro-hunting. Most of the women in my life have out shot me with handguns. I even the score with rifles. A while back someone mentioned to me that women have a slower pulse rate which aids their accuracy. I don't know if this is a fallacy. Maybe a doctor on the board can answer this.

a1fabweld
11-02-2008, 9:14 PM
I don't know from the scientific side of things how she shoots better, but from the redneck perspective, "she whooped my azz!"

bunni
11-02-2008, 9:18 PM
My choice of women I dated and the one I married was on condition that they were pro-gun and pro-hunting. Most of the women in my life have out shot me with handguns. I even the score with rifles. A while back someone mentioned to me that women have a slower pulse rate which aids their accuracy. I don't know if this is a fallacy. Maybe a doctor on the board can answer this.

Yes, on average, women have a lower resting pulse rate... but there are so many more important factors before ones pulse rate in shooting that I'd call it bunk.

forgiven
11-02-2008, 9:18 PM
I don't know from the scientific side of things how she shoots better, but from the redneck perspective, "she whooped my azz!"

:laugh:

forgiven
11-02-2008, 9:20 PM
Yes, on average, women have a lower resting pulse rate... but there are so many more important factors before ones pulse rate in shooting that I'd call it bunk.

Thanks bunni.

nick
11-02-2008, 9:28 PM
The first time my girlfriend ever shot, she hit bullseye. It took her a couple of weeks to repeat that feat though.

The same happened the first time she shot a bow :)

domokun
11-02-2008, 9:36 PM

You're one lucky man. :)

Darklyte27
11-02-2008, 9:57 PM
maybe you just really suck? jk
I wonder how my wife will do now..

a1fabweld
11-03-2008, 9:40 AM
maybe you just really suck? jk

That's half the equation. The other half is that she just rocks! LOL!

nagorb
11-03-2008, 12:33 PM
sweet i'm not the only one:)

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-03-2008, 12:46 PM

damn id be good with a safe. You guys and your high stnadards lol.

but ya My gf has beaten me on my 10/22 once or twice.

Capt. Speirs
11-03-2008, 6:00 PM

I don't even have 1 full, looks really bare.:(

Ballistic043
11-03-2008, 6:04 PM
dont worry too much. assisted aiming with eotech/aimpoints tends to make things alot easier for rookie shooters :)

a1fabweld
11-03-2008, 7:35 PM
dont worry too much. assisted aiming with eotech/aimpoints tends to make things alot easier for rookie shooters :)

That's what she said! She said the Aimpoint took all the challenge out of it! I flipped up the irons for her but I didn't have my sight tool with me to dial them in so we just used the Aimpoint. Man, my broad is hardcore!!

jpkotor
11-04-2008, 2:43 AM
my girlfriend has outshot me in an amusement park game, but she's never fired a real gun. i was hoping to teach her to shoot real rifles this thanksgiving break when we go home (we're both away at college), but from the looks of this thread she might be teaching me!

motorhead
11-04-2008, 10:15 AM
this could work to your advantage. she may want to shoot more just to show you. (ya gotta put a happy face on it somehow) you'll probably have to buy her her own gun(s) now.

a1fabweld
11-04-2008, 7:58 PM
If my wife asked me to take her gun shopping, I would fall in love with her all over again! LOL&L&L! Seriously, I would buy her anything she wanted in the store weather I could afford it or not.