PDA

View Full Version : I will be purchasing a complete STAG AR-15

GoingPro
11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I will be purchasing a complete STAG AR-15 sometime within the next few weeks.....this will be my first rifle and i am excited....any suggestions on which model i should get....i'm thinking about getting model 1 but if i decide to get a scope wouldn't model 2 be more convenient? also i know putting it together myself would be cheaper but i would rather spend an extra few dollars and not have a head ache...plus isnt there a lifetime warranty if it is a complete purchase....thanks alot guys! BTW....its 1:40am and the past week or 2 i haven't been able to sleep because its all i think about before i go to bed haha

The Cable Guy
11-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I will be purchasing a complete STAG AR-15 sometime within the next few weeks.....this will be my first rifle and i am excited....any suggestions on which model i should get....i'm thinking about getting model 1 but if i decide to get a scope wouldn't model 2 be more convenient? also i know putting it together myself would be cheaper but i would rather spend an extra few dollars and not have a head ache...plus isnt there a lifetime warranty if it is a complete purchase....thanks alot guys! BTW....its 1:40am and the past week or 2 i haven't been able to sleep because its all i think about before i go to bed haha

I have the Model 2HT upper. Its pretty awesome, but I built it from a stripped lower, and attached the upper.

I would get a version without the carry handle. It'll be a tad cheaper, and you can have rear-flip up sights with model 2 and have a red-dot optic on there as well. If you don't mind the A2 front sight post/gas block, and have no use for an accessory rail, then I would go with Model 2. If you want a full free-float rail I'd go with the 2HT, which also includes a low-profile ARMS 40L flip-up rear sight..

StraightShooter
11-02-2008, 12:50 AM
The model one or two isnt going to matter much since the model 1 has a removable carry handle. If you were going to mount an aimpoint or eotech i would say get the mod 2 because you can cowitness the iron sites with the dot sight. Ive never heard of the lifetime warranty but you might be right.If you are in the Inland Empire ( Temecula, Murrieta, Riverside area) i know of a person who does cheap transfers. Of course the rifle is going to have to be cali compliant before it enters the state so you will need to work that out. Now get some sleep man! :)

sigsauer887
11-02-2008, 9:40 AM

Go with the model 1. It has the removable carrying handle if you decide to mount optics. As far as the lifetime warranty goes, all stag products have a lifetime warranty, whether you build it or not.

Oh and I would hurry up faster than 2 weeks, if Obama wins, there's going to be a lot of fear mongering going on, and people are going to buy buy buy, and dealers are going to jack up prices.

surfinguru
11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
To the OP, building a lower is EASY!!! Don't be intimidated by it. I just built my first one last week. Took me all of 40 minutes and regular tools I had in my tool box. Find the video on how to build it and print out the ar15.com build guide as well and have fun getting to know your firearm!

Here's my advice as newb: Go find a local shop that has OLL's in stock and get the DROS going. While you're waiting for the 10 days to click by, head over to ar15sales.com (Legal Transfers) and get in on the Stag 1 kit Pete is offering. Best deal going for a Stag right now. ($599 for the complete kit minus the lower you need to get at your local shop.) I went with the 2HT as I plan on putting some type of optic on it in the future.

Save the money you'd pay in extra taxes to buy ammo, cleaning kit, case etc. that you will need to enjoy your new toy.

BroncoBob
11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I have two Stags, one model 3 and one Stag lower with a DPMS bull barrel upper. My first Stag was the model 3 as I wanted to do my own thing with optics. Having a flat top makes all this possible. I played several set ups. First I went with iron flip up sights, then went with a EOTech 512, currently I have it topped off with a BSA Sweet 223 3x9x40mm scope. It really depends of course what the OP wants to do with his. I really prefer the option of being able to switch things around should I prefer. Go from scope to iron sights or holographic / red dot and back in any given order. It's all about having fun and enjoying what you do with your rifle. Just my 2 cents.

aplinker
11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Building your own lower is a valuable experience into how the rifle works. It will take you less than a couple hours.

I'm not a big fan of Stag, but the 2HT represents one of the best values.

Capt. Speirs
11-02-2008, 12:09 PM
2HT

GoingPro
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
i think i am going to go with the 2HT.... its hard to decide because i like the original look as well...... does anyone know any shops i can purchase a full complete rifle....ammo brothers in cerritos told me $1200 for a stag and the stag arms website sells for under $1000

drifts1
11-02-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.evilblackrifleshop.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1630

He'll even put the lower together for you at no charge.
This is the best kit deal out there right now.

GoingPro
11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
if i buy the lower half i was wondering if i can buy it with the trigger and stock already put together from a shop? i am a very confused person ...thanks guys

BroncoBob
11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
i think i am going to go with the 2HT.... its hard to decide because i like the original look as well...... does anyone know any shops i can purchase a full complete rifle....ammo brothers in cerritos told me $1200 for a stag and the stag arms website sells for under $1000

Check out Lanworldinc.com Chris is a great guy to work with. His price is around $880.00. All you have to do is have him ship it to your local FFL.

http://lanworldinc.com/Stag.htm

Twinspool
11-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Whatever you get, I'd go through Chris at LANWorld Inc. He's great.

I bought a Stag 6 because I wanted a precision AR setup and it does all it says it will. 0.5 MOA or better. The 2-stage target trigger is a particularly nice touch. I bought a CMMG 16" flat top upper to put on it for two-legged predators and it's really nice too.

Smith and Wesson's M&P AR's are a great value as well. Don't forget about those. They have all the AR nerd features of a Noveske or LMT and much less expensive.

GoingPro
11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
i think im gunna go with chris at lanworld then.....and do the transfer fee here at ammo brothers in cerritos....see how it works out

BroncoBob
11-02-2008, 2:12 PM
i think im gunna go with chris at lanworld then.....and do the transfer fee here at ammo brothers in cerritos....see how it works out

Sounds like you have a plan. Best of luck and keep us informed on your rifle. Oh yeah welcome to calguns.

Darklyte27
11-02-2008, 5:05 PM
Welcome, stag ar-15? Is that a new item? I dont see it on stags website! :gunsmilie:

BroncoBob
11-02-2008, 7:45 PM
Welcome, stag ar-15? Is that a new item? I dont see it on stags website! :gunsmilie:

Cut him some slack, he's new... We all know what he's talking about. All you got to do is read the thread.... Sometimes we wonder why we drive people away.....

dchang0
11-02-2008, 8:59 PM
I second drifts1's suggestion of evil-black-rifles.com. Total price of kit plus Stag stripped lower receiver and free lower assembly with bullet button is $640 (no rear sight), with no sales tax and free shipping. Beats $880 plus sales tax (approx. $70) for Lanworldinc's deal. Transfer fees and DROS would be the same for both deals, so that's around $310 in savings. That's almost enough to buy two more stripped receivers including transfer fees!

aplinker
11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Whatever you get, I'd go through Chris at LANWorld Inc. He's great.

I bought a Stag 6 because I wanted a precision AR setup and it does all it says it will. 0.5 MOA or better. The 2-stage target trigger is a particularly nice touch. I bought a CMMG 16" flat top upper to put on it for two-legged predators and it's really nice too.

Smith and Wesson's M&P AR's are a great value as well. Don't forget about those. They have all the AR nerd features of a Noveske or LMT and much less expensive.

Wait, what? S&Ws are just as expensive as an LMT.

Besides, neither sell mid-lengths (go BCM for that).

GoingPro
11-03-2008, 1:52 PM
well there is this place in Santa Ana that i am going to go to called "J and J Armory" and he is going to piece my weapon for me.....im gunna do a stag 2ht upper and a stag lower reciever .....and i was wondering what kind of parts kit would you guys recommend CMMG or stag parts kit? and also which would you rather choose and why a bullet button or a prince 50 - i belive thats what they are call them.....let me know what you guys think and if i should add or change anything thanks!

dchang0
11-03-2008, 2:25 PM
Well, if you're going to go with a Stag upper and lower, might as well keep it all consistent and go with the Stag lower parts kit. The likelihood of a better fit is higher, though they are all MILSPEC anyway. There are proponents of both brands; personally, I would be happy with either one.

Check out the Magpul MOE or CTR upgrades, especially the Enhanced Trigger Guard. And throw an ambi safety selector in there--though you probably won't ever shoot it with the other hand, there might be that one time you need it.

scubamark13
11-03-2008, 2:29 PM
Go with the bullet button it is much better than top loading. If you have pre ban mags go featureless and get a Monster Man grip. Trust me bullet buttons kick arse over the Prince 50.

NorCal E
11-04-2008, 9:08 PM
I went with a model 3, its the cheapest, I already had an optic, and didnt want any iron sights.

Dragon
11-04-2008, 9:54 PM

Ammo bros. is high priced ,they sell a stage lower for $189.00. J&J Armory is selling them for $129.00 ,but i beleive they are sold out at the moment!

GoingPro
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Ammo bros. is high priced ,they sell a stage lower for $189.00. J&J Armory is selling them for $129.00 ,but i beleive they are sold out at the moment!

yeah im gunna go to J & J i gave them a call a few days ago .... im so anxious i cant wait to get all my money together and buy the beautiful gorgeous rifle

bashmaster
11-08-2008, 12:22 PM
You cantry cold war in highland they had the H2 at around the same price as ammo bros and it just might be closer to ya.
I do happen to have the H2 and have had no problems so far