PDA

View Full Version : Best M1A/M14 scope mount?

andrewj
11-01-2008, 7:08 PM
Im looking into a new M1A/M14 scope mount. Which direction should I look? I wanna hear your opinions...

X-NewYawker
11-01-2008, 7:12 PM
Sadlak
ARMS

pottymouth310
11-01-2008, 7:16 PM
Can't go wrong with Sadlak.......

Biff...
11-01-2008, 7:23 PM
Smith Enterprises is good as well.

Cypriss32
11-01-2008, 8:24 PM
Smith M21 mount....

capitol
11-01-2008, 8:26 PM
Smith Enterprises

buffybuster
11-01-2008, 8:31 PM
GDI-OSM
Sadlak

dfletcher
11-01-2008, 8:49 PM
I've had the Sadlak and it's fine. Sturdy and easy to install. I just bought a Scout and decided to go with the ARMS, pretty much same installation as the Sadlak. It sits much lower and I think actually looks like its part of the gun. Since the scope I'm using is a lower power with a smaller bell I want the scope as low as possible.

X-NewYawker
11-01-2008, 8:59 PM
I've had the Sadlak and it's fine. Sturdy and easy to install. I just bought a Scout and decided to go with the ARMS, pretty much same installation as the Sadlak. It sits much lower and I think actually looks like its part of the gun. Since the scope I'm using is a lower power with a smaller bell I want the scope as low as possible.

+1

ARMS #21:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/ARMSmount.jpg

Strong. Sits low -- locks into side and stripper clip guide --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/ARMS-mount.jpg

close to the M-25 Whitefeather and LRB built in height. I have a non-Vltor rail M1-A coming in this week -- I'm gonna use an ARMS 21 on it.

X-NewYawker
11-01-2008, 9:01 PM
Notice that even though mount is low to receiver, because rear sight is so substantial, scope must be mounted HIGH to clear it which forces you to get a cheekpiece -- either strap on or a stock with one.

Cypriss32
11-01-2008, 9:18 PM
I had a Smith M21 mount on a M1A. Currently a arms mount with 3.5x aimpoint sits on top a scout. I personally think the arms mount is good for a Eotech, and the smith for a Scope.

andrewj
11-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Notice that even though mount is low to receiver, because rear sight is so substantial, scope must be mounted HIGH to clear it which forces you to get a cheekpiece -- either strap on or a stock with one.

Yeah, I noticed that most M1A/M14's with optics need cheekpieces so I assume I will too. I plan on puting a 20x super sniper on mine and my main concern now is eye relief.

X-NewYawker
11-02-2008, 5:56 PM
He doesn't say he has a JAE stock -- but he should get one and support a great California company that did the homework and created a compliant stock that actually solves the scope problem and makes the gun more accurate.

OCArmory
11-02-2008, 7:10 PM
I have a Sadlak steel scope mount on my Fed Ord. It works great

gorham105
11-02-2008, 7:12 PM
try the basset machine mount. by far the easiest to install and doesn't shoot loose. no need to worry if your receiver is in spec or not.

dfletcher
11-02-2008, 7:20 PM
Maybe a bit unusual, but I used this on my Loaded and will also use it on the Scout I'm picking up later this week. I figure a wood stock deserves a wood cheekpiece, works great and will never move.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=1085330&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Sumo99
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Sadlak, SEI, ARMS, GDI, Bassett.
If you have a SA M1A, Sadlak will custom fit the scope mount to your receiver.
Bassett is the simplest and cheapest and works with M1A's w/o custom fitting
ARMS sits the lowest
If you are going with an ACOG, then go with SEI or GDI.

andrewj
11-02-2008, 11:25 PM
guys, that JAE solves that whole cheekpiece problem, if they posted overall pictures, youd be able to see

If I were looking into a new stock for my M1A, I would go the JAE route. I have heard nothing but good things and plus they're in Yorba Linda which is only a stones throw away from me. I just dont feel like swapping out a perfectly good stock for another. I guess that makes me a hypocrite though, in the past I have said I wanted to get myself a Remington 700 and slap a McMillan on it.

But we're off topic...

Are Springfield's mounts really that sh*tty?

X-NewYawker
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
If I were looking into a new stock for my M1A, I would go the JAE route. I have heard nothing but good things and plus they're in Yorba Linda which is only a stones throw away from me. I just dont feel like swapping out a perfectly good stock for another. I guess that makes me a hypocrite though, in the past I have said I wanted to get myself a Remington 700 and slap a McMillan on it.

But we're off topic...

Are Springfield's mounts really that sh*tty?

Yes.