PDA

View Full Version : Freakshow AR15's?

mcholak
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the fully assembled AR's that Freakshow Manufacturing is selling? I've been considering one for a while and the price seems right but I'd like to get some feedback first. Thanks in advance for your help!

aplinker
11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
link would help...

it's all about who makes the parts and to what standard.

I will say, in the short time he's been a member of the board, it's clear he's a stand-up guy.

Fantasma
11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I think i heard that the parts in the rifle he cant say which one's he used its against a deal he had with the manufacture or something like that. So the parts are a secret and the price is good. I don't know about that.

Like what UCLA said "its all about who makes the parts" that determine the price.

mcholak
11-01-2008, 2:51 PM
Now you see why I'm concerned. The price is exceptional, but if it's not a good gun I don't want to buy it. Here is the link:

http://www.freakshowbullets.com/product_info.php?products_id=257

Japedo
11-01-2008, 3:00 PM
There is this link also.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124624

PM him he may tell you the brand. Sometimes distributers are subject to price indexing by the vendors, that way you don't see brands with price fluctuation all over the place. If they can sell it under the price index, they can't advertise it, thats why sometimes you will see, "Call for pricing."

aplinker
11-01-2008, 3:05 PM
My guess is they're DPMS.

If you're going to use it for light range use and fun, then get the rifle or mid-length and enjoy it.

Rover
11-01-2008, 4:42 PM
Just order one from Pete at Evil Black Rifles, you can get a Double-Star complete for $575 with the Bullet button.

mcholak
11-01-2008, 4:46 PM
Light range use and fun are exactly what I'm looking for. I have a few shotguns and a few handguns, other than an old .22 I don't have any rifles. I figure I might as well get something fun since I'm not a hunter. I've looked at CMP M1's but I think the AR might be a better way to go and I think the ammo is a little bit cheaper. If I do buy this gun I'll make sure to give everyone a report!

MRboost
11-09-2008, 6:58 PM
I ordered my mid length from Adam at Freakshow. I am waiting on the build, but I must say that he has always been nice and professional answering all of my noobie questions and responding promptly. I'll start a thread and throw up some pics when I receive mine.