PDA

View Full Version : Because I am sure everyone will be shocked

tyrist
10-31-2008, 7:31 PM
I was shopping at the Los Angeles Police Revolver and Athletic Club gun store. What I observed in the gun case was a stripped ar-15 lower receiver. This gunstore has a hi-capacity magazine permit but does not have an assault weapon permit. Furthermore the department requires only a few specific type of rifles which must already be assembled for duty use.

So this is a police gun store which is carrying ar-15 stripped receivers. Are you all still worried now?

Frijolito1988
10-31-2008, 7:33 PM
I was shopping at the Los Angeles Police Revolver and Athletic Club gun store. What I observed in the gun case was a stripped ar-15 lower receiver. This gunstore has a hi-capacity magazine permit but does not have an assault weapon permit. Furthermore the department requires only a few specific type of rifles which must already be assembled for duty use.

So this is a police gun store which is carrying ar-15 stripped receivers. Are you all still worried now?

do they sell to LEO only ?

tyrist
10-31-2008, 7:36 PM
do they sell to LEO only ?

You have to be LEO to be a member but I think they sell to everyone. Most of the employees seem to be from turners however.

X-NewYawker
10-31-2008, 7:39 PM

Yes! what does the presence of it THERE have to do with future controls? They have them in some stores -- most won't touch them. I don't think the cops are worried about the law. They'll be the ones coming to your house to take yours away.

tyrist
10-31-2008, 7:44 PM
Yes! what does the presence of it THERE have to do with future controls? They have them in some stores -- most won't touch them. I don't think the cops are worried about the law. They'll be the ones coming to your house to take yours away.

The place is not run by the police....and they do not carry assault weapons. I just stated this information to sooth anyone who would still be worried about the legality. Also if the stripped receiver is in a gun store frequented by police they are sure to inquire about it. This will lead to education which I thought most of the members here were interested in.

10-31-2008, 9:15 PM
I have seen a lot of police officers shopping in CWS.

aplinker
10-31-2008, 9:19 PM

I disagree... it's about 50:50 now with shops and stripped OLLs.

I see LE buying OLLs all the time.

tyrist
10-31-2008, 9:26 PM
As far as the OLL issue...I think the LAPD academy gun store carrying them means you have officially drove the enemy back for a complete victory.

Saigon1965
10-31-2008, 9:30 PM
I like the sound of this -

As far as the OLL issue...I think the LAPD academy gun store carrying them means you have officially drove the enemy back for a complete victory.

sigsauer887
10-31-2008, 9:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up tyrist, hopefully this will help the fear mongers. lol

glockman19
10-31-2008, 9:37 PM
My Friend runs LAPRAC gun store. If you have a specific question PM me.

Ford8N
11-01-2008, 4:46 AM

Not until you see them for sale at Turners.....:p

Moonclip
11-01-2008, 5:00 AM
Who made the lower? And if they do indeed sell to the general public I'd like to visit the store.

glockman19
11-01-2008, 6:19 AM
LAPRAC DOES NOT sell to the public.

dw1784
11-01-2008, 11:03 AM

they used to.
back in 89 or 90, they had Colt pkg with 3 caliber conv for $1200.

devildog999
11-01-2008, 11:09 AM
At Oak Tree Gun Club, they sell OLLs'. On Mondays and Tuesdays they close so that police and DAs' can train and buy there toys. These people see these weapons all the time and some buy. Especially with DAs' buying and seeing, I have no worries.

bohoki
11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
wow real colt ar-15's

cause colt holds the trademark ar-15

tyrist
11-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Who made the lower? And if they do indeed sell to the general public I'd like to visit the store.

I was not familiar with the logo....almost looked like armalite.

motorhead
11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
when you see one at big 5 we can declre victory.

nobs11
11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
when you see one at big 5 we can declre victory.

Or regular gunstores. The fact that cops can buy them doesn't mean a whole lot I think. It means that they are aware of the fact that they are legal but they always have been. Department and DA policy might still be to go after the average Joe. No cop is going to bust his buddy. That is how gun control works -- give cops free reign and go after citizens. Different laws for different people.

Moonclip
11-02-2008, 2:38 AM

Like the shop in Brea then. The OC sheriffs range used to sell guns to "civilians" before 2000ish too IIRC.

And Big 5 has Yugo SKS and m1carbine and mini 14 which is a start.

radioburning
11-02-2008, 1:15 PM
Well, it can't hurt!

diginit
11-02-2008, 1:37 PM
What is all this FUD about assault weapons. An AR or AK is NOT an assault weapon until it is used in an assault. Until then, It is purely defensive. Can't these flippin' liberals uderstand that? GRRRR.

Haplo
11-02-2008, 8:31 PM
What is all this FUD about assault weapons. An AR or AK is NOT an assault weapon until it is used in an assault. Until then, It is purely defensive. Can't these flippin' liberals uderstand that? GRRRR.

I think people see "AR" and automatically think "assault rifle," however "AR" in "AR-15" stands for Armalite, as in Armalite model 15. It still seems like people are ignorant to that fact.

X-NewYawker
11-02-2008, 8:40 PM
My DI said it stood for "American Rifle"

Nah. Just kidding. Gene Stoner made some great designs.

X-NewYawker
11-02-2008, 8:43 PM
Gene Stoner made some great designs.

dchang0
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Especially with DAs' buying and seeing, I have no worries.

Wish that worked with Feinstein--her with her CCW and still pushing to ban guns. "Laws are for the little people" must be her motto...

DAs could very easily start feeling like they're above the law--we gotta keep up the OLL movement even when the coast looks clear...