PDA

View Full Version : FS: 8mm Turkish surplus in SF Bay Area only

ryang
10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
8mm Romanian ammo, headstamps marked "22" and "74". Each sealed wooden crate holds two "spam cans". 760 rounds per case. I have five cases total, want to sell FTF in SF bay area only (to eliminate shipping costs). Asking $225 per case. Will include Yugo M48 Mauser if you buy all five cases. PM me if interested.

Picture of the crates:
http://www.hi-impact.org/sekrit/8mm1.jpg

Picture of a crate opened:
http://www.hi-impact.org/sekrit/8mm2.jpg

Picture of a can opened:
http://www.hi-impact.org/sekrit/8mm3.jpg

Mssr. Eleganté
10-31-2008, 7:09 PM
8mm Turkish ammo, headstamps marked 1949. Corrosive, non-reloadable. Each sealed wooden crate holds two "spam cans". 760 rounds per case, cupro-nickel plated bullets. I have five cases total, want to sell FTF in SF bay area only (to eliminate shipping costs). Asking $275 per case. PM me if interested.

Are you sure the ammo is 1949 Turkish 8mm?

Turk 8mm didn't come in spam cans. If your ammo is in 380 round spam cans, two cans per wooden crate, then it is probably 1970's Romanian 8mm ammo.

diginit
10-31-2008, 9:41 PM
The Turkish should have a T, Creasant moon, (moon and star) and a C at 12 o'clock on the headstamp.
It will probably have a 7.9 at 6 oclock. An FS at 9 o'clock and the date at 3 o'clock. All separated by a /
If it is nickel plated, It could also be Chech. An A at 3 and 9 O'clock and 7.92 at 12 O'clock. with the date at 6.
You don't want to run Turk in a semi-auto. It is loaded to the max and could blow your reciever. Only use Turkisk in a bolt gun.
If you still have some in a couple weeks I will be in touch. The Panoche shoot next weekend will probably blow all mine.

icormba
11-04-2008, 8:26 PM
Looks like Turkish brass, but those ARE Romanian ammo crates! They look identical to the crates I have in my living room right now. The ammo in those crates should be green steel cased though.

diginit
11-04-2008, 9:25 PM
It is Turkish. But those are not a stripper clips. They are machine gun clips! That could explain the crate diffrerence.

Xerxes
11-04-2008, 9:47 PM
8mm Turkish ammo, headstamps marked 1949. Corrosive, non-reloadable. Each sealed wooden crate holds two "spam cans". 760 rounds per case, cupro-nickel plated bullets. I have five cases total, want to sell FTF in SF bay area only (to eliminate shipping costs). Asking $275 per case. PM me if interested.

Tough sale in CA since the internet lawyers say links count as magazines therefore anything over 10 in a row is verboten.

Please sell to someone you trust just in case those that play lawyers on the internet are right.

The good news is that even if they are right you do not hear about anyone getting hassled for such unless someone makes a complaint call or you interupt some serious donut eating with some gun fire.

There was a time the MG community was begging for 8mm conversions due to the 4.5 cents a round stuff (some claime 3 cents a round but the lowest I saw was 4.5) like this Turkish. Now the 8mm is just as expensive as the 308/30-06 with maybe the 30-06 being a bit cheaper.

GOOD LUCK!

Great looking ammo.

Having 5 crates of such in my garage sure would look nice but with only one rarely shot 8mm I don't think I can justify it.

icormba
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure how Turkish ammo could end up in sealed Romanian ammo crates? The only way to be certain is to open up one of your crates... if you find to green sealed ammo tins (Soviet standard) then it is probably Romanian like Amendment II stated.

I am also wondering if 760 rounds of 8mm ammo on links would actually fit in those crates.

Romania made 760 round crates and 680 round crates (on 5 round stripper clips).

ryang
11-06-2008, 1:33 PM
Okay, updated first post with pictures. The stuff looks Romanian, probably 1974 manufacture. Sorry for all the confusion.

diginit
11-06-2008, 4:32 PM
I liked the pics with the MG clips better. Even though you can only shoot 10 at a time in Cal. Just separate every 10 rnds.

ryang
11-13-2008, 2:03 PM
Price lowered to be in line with AIM's current special. (Note AIM has 680 rounds per case, not 760.) Will include Yugo M48 Mauser if you buy all five cases.

professionalcoyotehunter
11-14-2008, 2:45 PM
What did you lower the price too. I have a few mauser I let the local boyscout shoot. I might buy the ammo just to let them waste it. Let me see if the parents will chip in to help me with the purchase also is there a price break if I buy all of it.

ryang
11-24-2008, 1:29 PM
Update: one case sold, four cases left. Offer to include Yugo M48 if you buy all remaining cases still stands.

ryang
11-24-2008, 1:31 PM
Asking price is $225 per case, FTF in SF Bay area.

Ironchef
12-08-2008, 1:23 PM
Please forgive the potentially dumb question, but is this safe to fire in a k98k mauser? If so, I'll be forwarding to a guy who just bought one and is looking for ammo for it. Thanks!

ryang
12-08-2008, 2:17 PM
It should be safe to fire in any 8mm mauser.