PDA

View Full Version : detach your mag with BB

Sam .223
10-30-2008, 4:43 PM
i was talking to a friend of mine who is going to builde was a OLL, he was trying to tell me even with a BB you can't detach your mag to reload, so he was going to use a Prince 50 and top load. i told him i was pretty sure with a BB you can drop your mag for reload since you'd be using a "tool" to relase it. i just want to confirm this since he is thinking about using a BB now. i know this has probably been covered but i can't find it with the search, i guess my search foo sucks today.

Frijolito1988
10-30-2008, 4:45 PM
i was talking to a friend of mine who is going to builde was a OLL, he was trying to tell me even with a BB you can't detach your mag to reload, so he was going to use a Prince 50 and top load. i told him i was pretty sure with a BB you can drop your mag for reload since you'd be using a "tool" to relase it. i just want to confirm this since he is thinking about using a BB now. i know this has probably been covered but i can't find it with the search, i guess my search foo sucks today.

With a BB you could detach the 10 round magazine and pop in another loaded 10 round magzines

P50 is top load only , or take off mag for cleaning .

The only advantage of the P50 i see, is that if you go shooting out of state all you need is an allen wrench and 5 seconds to have a normal semi auto oll AR with detachable normal capasity magazines, out of state ofcourse

Vinz
10-30-2008, 4:48 PM
Just tell him to buy a B15 and have the best of both worlds.

vinz

sorensen440
10-30-2008, 4:51 PM
With a BB you could detach the 10 round magazine and pop in another loaded 10 round magzines

P50 is top load only , or take off mag for cleaning .

The only advantage of the P50 i see, is that if you go shooting out of state all you need is an allen wrench and 5 seconds to have a normal semi auto oll AR with detachable normal capasity magazines, out of state ofcourse

Carefull with the advice lil bean

With the Prince 50 its top load only and to take the magazine off for cleaning you have to separate the two halves of the rifle to avoid making an assault rifle

sorensen440
10-30-2008, 4:52 PM
Just tell him to buy a B15 and have the best of both worlds.

vinz

I personally don't recommend the b-15 having purchased one myself.

civilsnake
10-30-2008, 4:56 PM

Why's that? I have one on my lower right now and don't have any problems.

Just curious as I haven't finished the rifle yet.

CHS
10-30-2008, 4:59 PM
i was talking to a friend of mine who is going to builde was a OLL, he was trying to tell me even with a BB you can't detach your mag to reload

With a BB you are *NOT* detaching your magazine for a reload.

You are lawfully removing the magazine from the firearm with the use of a tool.

Period.

Sam .223
10-30-2008, 5:06 PM
With a BB you are *NOT* detaching your magazine for a reload.

You are lawfully removing the magazine from the firearm with the use of a tool.

Period.

this sounds much better.

bohoki
10-30-2008, 5:31 PM
wait are you telling me that your "friend" only has one magazine? whoa

Frijolito1988
10-30-2008, 5:47 PM
Yes as sorrensen said if you have a prince 50, take off the upper before removing the magazines.

I dint even know about the b15

So its just like a BB but with an allan key somewhere in the mix ? NICE! lol

Vinz
10-30-2008, 5:57 PM

Let me know if you want to sell it, we can meet in Dublin.

vinz

RobT2K
10-30-2008, 8:45 PM

+1
I have one of the first batch and it is hit or miss. Sometimes it works properly, other times I can drop the mag just by pushing it like a normal release.
I was sent a replacement spring, but it didn't seem to work 100%

I can't pin my freedom on a less than 100% solution.

It has potential, but I'm not sure if there is any further development going on with it to fix it.

Vinz
10-30-2008, 8:55 PM
+1
I have one of the first batch and it is hit or miss. Sometimes it works properly, other times I can drop the mag just by pushing it like a normal release.
I was sent a replacement spring, but it didn't seem to work 100%

I can't pin my freedom on a less than 100% solution.

It has potential, but I'm not sure if there is any further development going on with it to fix it.
Really? I haven't had any issues with mine but yes, make sure it is adjusted and working properly. Just decrease the lower and B15 block gap. Also make sure its lubricated. I use a daub of heavy grease.

vinz

aplinker
10-31-2008, 6:49 AM
I can't believe this question continues to be asked. Go read the original explanation of the BB (linked in the newbie thread).