View Full Version : ace ultra lite stock

10-30-2008, 3:29 PM

how does the gusset work?

the ace skeleton's "gusset" section or skeleton section is held onto the back of the buffer tube, forcing it forward and capturing the rear take down pin's spring and tumbler.

the other ace stocks use castle nuts that clamp things into the receiver.

how the hell is this gusset thing held on?

10-30-2008, 3:35 PM
yeah i know how the tube goes in, but i don't understand how that gusset thing stays on, in which case i don't understand how the spring and tumbler for the rear take down stays depressed.

from my impressions in this picture

it looks as if the gusset is just... clamped on? what's keeping it there? the foam?

maybe i've just never installed a normal a2 stock before? but i thought it was held in place similarly to the ace skeleton style stocks.

10-31-2008, 12:52 PM
I am pretty sure it just clamps on the tube. The male part on the clamp goes in the female area on the reciever and then it just clamps to the tube. I don't have this Ace Stock but I do have others and they are very strong.

10-31-2008, 1:23 PM
Has somebody tried to use Ace stock with MMG?

11-01-2008, 2:02 PM
yes there's already a thread for that. i have that setup also...

12-04-2009, 7:47 PM
getting that foam over the tube is pain.

Group B
12-04-2009, 7:50 PM
getting that foam over the tube is pain.

12-05-2009, 1:30 PM
I guess I'll use this thread because I tried the search function and received a lot of noise results.

Anyways - does anyone have an opinion this stock? I guess I ask because it is obviously not as prolific as some of the other options you see in nearly every build.

12-05-2009, 1:56 PM
I want to try one but that means I need another lower...

I've got a standard ACE skeleton stock that I like.

12-05-2009, 3:12 PM
It's a good solid stock, much more solid than it looks. I like it. Can't decide between the AR-UL-E (short length) and the A1-length AR-UL. But it's so easy to switch between them...

And I think either one looks badass without the foam sleeve:

From the looks of it, I assume it's a fixed length. How is the balance (might be a nonsensical question given the setup is less than standard). Somewhere I was reading AR's tend to get front heavy, especially with all of the crap people throw on. If you have a lighter counter balance, would it exagerate this further?

12-05-2009, 3:18 PM
If you're worried, don't hang everything and the kitchen sink from a rail system.

My rifle with the skeleton stock, 16" mid-length upper and a 1.5-4.5x24 scope seems OK.

05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
The ARUL models is cheaper here with the buffer, spring, and tube included.