PDA

View Full Version : AK Magazine and Saiga Fitting Question

armandolo
10-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Is it posible for AK Magazine to fit a Saiga Rifle without any conversions to the Mag or the Saiga? I wanted to buy a converted Arsenal Saiga, but the seller did not think that the Saigas magazine area was modified. However he said that a standard AK Mag fit the gun.

Fantasma
10-30-2008, 1:32 PM
This thread is confusing, Can you clarify the question again so we can help you?

an AK mag will not function properly in an un-converted Saiga without a bullet guide.

Thats all the info i can give based on your question...

armandolo
10-30-2008, 3:20 PM
I wanted to buy a one of the new Arsenal Saigas that were converted. I talked to a guy who said he has a a saiga "converted to pistol grip configuration". I asked him if it takes standard AK mags and he was under impression that those new saigas do and they do not need a magazine area modification. I asked him to try to put a standard mag, which he did and he siad it fit perfectly. I called Arsenal and they said that those Saigas do not take standard AK Mags. So since the guy was not sure if the Mag area is modified and he said he tried a standard mag that fit perfectly, I did not know what to make of it. I wanted to know if AK mag will perfectly fit in a siaga (though it may not work)

railroader
10-30-2008, 5:25 PM
The AK mags will fit but they don't have the lip on the front like saiga mags. The lip serves as the bullet guide. Here's a pic from coldwar shooters that shows the lip on a saiga mag. Mark

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/images/saiga%20223.JPG

armandolo
10-30-2008, 9:49 PM
Thanks Railroader. That clears it. I'm gonna clear the issue with the guy. And thanks for the picture I will use it as a reference

deldgeetar
10-30-2008, 10:43 PM
You also have to grind down the magazine latch to fit the standard AK mags. Add a bullet guide and you'd be set.