PDA

View Full Version : Czech Vz-58 Kali Legal?

hkim
10-30-2008, 5:40 AM
Saw some video on You-Tube of the Czech Vz-58 semi-auto, looks really sweet. Anybody brought one into Kalifornia yet? What are the legalities of this?

:confused:

Max-the-Silent
10-30-2008, 5:41 AM
Saw some video on You-Tube of the Czech Vz-58 semi-auto, looks really sweet. Anybody brought one into Kalifornia yet? What are the legalities of this?

:confused:

Fixed mag or featureless, you're good to go.

PIRATE14
10-30-2008, 6:19 AM
Fixed mag or featureless, you're good to go.

True......

We've sold a few but if you want the features..requires a custom BB and mag...$$$...

They are a very interesting rifle design.....

AaronHorrocks
10-30-2008, 7:30 AM
I bought a receiver... I intend to build mine up, 10 round mixed mag, but compling with 922r is going to be the trickiest thing... You'll have to get a compliance kit!

With the vz58, fixed mag is the way to go. It opperates like an SKS, so you can top load it with stripper clips.

jacques
10-30-2008, 7:42 AM
Here is one of the ones I built. Yes, they are legal. They are off list. This is a home fab mag lock and 10rd mag. The single stack VZ's have 10rd mags available. But not the military version doublestack, but it is easy to cut down a mag to 10rd. Czechpoint has said they are looking into a Cali legal version with mag lock and 10 rd magazines. They said the 10rd mags may be available in Nov. 69Mach1, on this forum, has a purchased VZ58 also.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/jacques102/VZ/DSC00572-1.jpg

Frijolito1988
10-30-2008, 9:34 AM
Here is one of the ones I built. Yes, they are legal. They are off list. This is a home fab mag lock and 10rd mag. The single stack VZ's have 10rd mags available. But not the military version doublestack, but it is easy to cut down a mag to 10rd. Czechpoint has said they are looking into a Cali legal version with mag lock and 10 rd magazines. They said the 10rd mags may be available in Nov. 69Mach1, on this forum, has a purchased VZ58 also.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/jacques102/VZ/DSC00572-1.jpg

damn jaques that is a good picture there, i stole it for future slobering needs , very nice!

fal_762x51
10-30-2008, 1:04 PM
I'm almost done with mine, however I'm debating on either the CZ brake or Obi's flash hider. How is the brake Jacques?

jacques
10-30-2008, 4:25 PM
I'm almost done with mine, however I'm debating on either the CZ brake or Obi's flash hider. How is the brake Jacques?

That break is great (ORF break). The flash hider, I went with that first, but crushed it trying to press the barrel in. Then I discovered, don't press the barrell in, press the receiver onto the barrel.

tonelar
11-20-2008, 9:36 PM
Is the mag release a flipper type? Wouldn't grinding down the tab accomplish the same thing?

shooterdave
11-20-2008, 9:40 PM
its a neat weapon and 1 i want but i have stuff to buy first (such as FAL) but it's on the list for me. i played with one at CWS nice but a bit much much for me.

jacques
11-20-2008, 9:48 PM
Is the mag release a flipper type? Wouldn't grinding down the tab accomplish the same thing?

I thought about that. The mag release is held in by a pin. It is easy to get off (with a punch).

It is a flipper type, but not similar enough to be able to use an AK mag lock.

Cutting the flipper off, then drilling a small hole in it, so you could release the mag using a small punch would work.