PDA

View Full Version : B15 Bullet Button on Noveske N6 Lower...

BlackReef
10-30-2008, 2:26 AM
Just a heads up - I tried to switch from a Maglock to the B15 Bullet Button today before I went shooting, and the B15 adapter piece as actually too big/wide to fit into the Noveske N6 mag release button cavity and it doesn't seat properly, however it works great on my AR-15 lower.

Just a heads up in case somebody was thinking of going with this combo.

RobT2K
10-30-2008, 8:21 AM
I still can't get mine to be 100%. I got one of the first batch, and then was sent some "new" springs. But I can't find the sweet spot when tightening it. I'm able to just push on it to get it to drop the mag most of the time. So it's off for now.
How is yours working on a standard lower?

AKman
10-30-2008, 3:40 PM
It appears the magazine catch button hole on the N6 is a little deeper than on the N4 (AR-15) and the button does not protrude far enough out of the receiver. When the magazine catch is screwed into place it actually was sticking out beyond the end of the button. On my first installation attempt, I was able to push on the end of the magazine catch enough to release a magazine. :eek: I had to add a shim to make the magazine catch button stick out farther from the receiver, thus causing the end of the magazine catch to be more recessed into the button.

Since I was assembling the AR-10 while I was on a fishing trip, my short term fix was to slip a bunch of fishing lure split rings between the button and receiver. I slipped about four split rings over the magazine catch, followed by the BB. When the magazine catch was screwed into place, it was recessed in the button by about 3 mm like this (except the nut is black):

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/images/bullbutt1.jpg

Toolbox X
10-30-2008, 4:04 PM
Just a heads up - I tried to switch from a Maglock to the B15 Bullet Button today before I went shooting, and the B15 adapter piece as actually too big/wide to fit into the Noveske N6 mag release button cavity and it doesn't seat properly, however it works great on my AR-15 lower.

Just a heads up in case somebody was thinking of going with this combo.

Can you take pictures and post them on this thread or email them to me? CARifles@gmail.com.

-Grant

dawson8r
11-15-2008, 9:55 AM
A friend and I are building our AR10-type rifles. He had the same problem and compared the AR10 mag catch the the AR15 mag catch and noticed the AR10's was about ~1/8 inch longer. He ground the threaded bolt down and it worked great. I had a better idea. I just used an extra AR15 mag catch as is. Works perfect and I didn't have to destroy the AR10 mag catch.

dgc357
11-15-2008, 11:00 AM
It appears the magazine catch button hole on the N6 is a little deeper than on the N4 (AR-15) and the button does not protrude far enough out of the receiver. When the magazine catch is screwed into place it actually was sticking out beyond the end of the button. On my first installation attempt, I was able to push on the end of the magazine catch enough to release a magazine. :eek: I had to add a shim to make the magazine catch button stick out farther from the receiver, thus causing the end of the magazine catch to be more recessed into the button.

Since I was assembling the AR-10 while I was on a fishing trip, my short term fix was to slip a bunch of fishing lure split rings between the button and receiver. I slipped about four split rings over the magazine catch, followed by the BB. When the magazine catch was screwed into place, it was recessed in the button by about 3 mm like this (except the nut is black):

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/images/bullbutt1.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that a FA rifle, it apears to have the third pin. If so whats the point of a BB?