PDA

View Full Version : Folding stock legality question, and FFL Q also...

wildcard313
10-30-2008, 1:19 AM
Im interested in buying a Para FAL off another forum from a private party. It has a folding para stock, and according to the manufacturers website the gun should be right at 30" folded. Ive asked the seller to measure the gun folded and get back to me to be sure.

Im also going to need to get a BB installed. Im contacting a few out of state FFL people to see what they see about getting the gun, installing a BB and then sending it to my local FFL who deals with OLL stuff. Ive also asked the seller if he will install a BB and then send it direct to my FFL. The seller has stated that he wants to do a non FFL to FFL transfer...is that legal in CA? Im also sure that the seller has hi cap mags, if he sends it with no magazine will that be ok?

Anyways...As long as the gun is 30" folded, with a BB installed prior to entering CA Im ok right? Sending it with no mags, is that ok? Sending it non FFL to a CA FFL, is that ok?

Thanks ahead of time for answers.

ohsmily
10-30-2008, 8:54 AM
Im interested in buying a Para FAL off another forum from a private party. It has a folding para stock, and according to the manufacturers website the gun should be right at 30" folded. Ive asked the seller to measure the gun folded and get back to me to be sure.

Im also going to need to get a BB installed. Im contacting a few out of state FFL people to see what they see about getting the gun, installing a BB and then sending it to my local FFL who deals with OLL stuff. Ive also asked the seller if he will install a BB and then send it direct to my FFL. The seller has stated that he wants to do a non FFL to FFL transfer...is that legal in CA? Im also sure that the seller has hi cap mags, if he sends it with no magazine will that be ok?

Anyways...As long as the gun is 30" folded, with a BB installed prior to entering CA Im ok right? Sending it with no mags, is that ok? Sending it non FFL to a CA FFL, is that ok?

Thanks ahead of time for answers.

yes, yes, and yes.

Also, he can send the magazines if they are disassembled. You can assemble them when you are out of state or use the parts to repair your existing high capacity magazines that you acquired prior to 1/1/2000 of which I am sure you have many.

redcliff
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Just to verify, it's not really an FAL manufactured by FN, which would be listed correct? I'm assuming it's an OLL (OLU in this case?) made by DSA or someone else?

wildcard313
10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, it is a OLL by DSA. Im just hoping it is 30", DSA website lists the 16.25 barrel Para as 28.5" folded, the Para Im trying to get has a 17.75" barrel...hopefully that all adds up to 30".

ohsmily
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, it is a OLL by DSA. Im just hoping it is 30", DSA website lists the 16.25 barrel Para as 28.5" folded, the Para Im trying to get has a 17.75" barrel...hopefully that all adds up to 30".

A muzzle device will probably be able to put you over the 30"