PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding shop around Sacramento that deals with milsurps and such.

jlh95811
10-29-2008, 8:35 PM
I am addicted to sks', m44's, 303's, 30 carbie, and the like. Anyone know a good shop or two around the Sacramento Area that has these for sell?

762cavalier
10-29-2008, 9:48 PM
Check out River City Gun Exchange on Fruitridge road. I have seen some pretty nice milsurps over there. If they don't have any out front ask them if they have any other ones. That little trick scored me a nice Finn M28.;)

Might also check out Wild Bill's on Grantline rd. He occasionally has some nice little pieces also.

Shane916
10-29-2008, 9:50 PM
I am addicted to sks', m44's, 303's, 30 carbie, and the like. Anyone know a good shop or two around the Sacramento Area that has these for sell?

Ever been to J&G ?

weezil_boi
10-29-2008, 10:18 PM
wild bills has a couple now and then ( elk grove). River city guns +1 ( 24th and Fruitridge)

Then again, the only milsurps I own so far are from big 5 :)

jlh95811
10-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah; those are the usual suspects. I've been to all but Wild Bills. It's been a while. But I checked RCGE and J&G today. They both have decent selections but are quite pricey; especially J&G. Which sucks because they have the best selection I've found.

nobs11
10-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Get your C&R FFL. Pay $30, pass the checks, wait for a while and you can have C&R guns delivered to your door. You can buy from dealers nationwide without inflated CA prices. No brainer if you like collecting and shooting surplus guns. That is assuming you don't already have one.

supersonic
10-30-2008, 4:49 AM
Get your C&R FFL. Pay $30, pass the checks, wait for a while and you can have C&R guns delivered to your door. You can buy from dealers nationwide without inflated CA prices. No brainer if you like collecting and shooting surplus guns. That is assuming you don't already have one.

^^^^100%. You'll never look back (AND you'll wonder why the HELL no one made you hip to it a long time ago!!!!!);)

762cavalier
10-30-2008, 6:44 AM

+1 I just assumed that since he was into C&R guns he already had an 03 FFL; and was just wanting to see what was here in town.Guess that's what I get for assuming.:eek:

ohsmily
10-30-2008, 8:58 AM

Big 5, RCGE. Go get your C&R if you are addicted to military surplus C&R rifles. You are wasting a ton of money on dealer fees if you don't.

Oh, and you mean shops that have them for SALE. That one just kills me (the sell/sale) jeezus.

jlh95811
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Big 5, RCGE. Go get your C&R if you are addicted to military surplus C&R rifles. You are wasting a ton of money on dealer fees if you don't.

Oh, and you mean shops that have them for SALE. That one just kills me (the sell/sale) jeezus.

Actually I think this is grammatically correct. The reason being that SALE means at a price less than normal and SELL means to give something in return for money. I will look itno it further but I thought this is the right way.

I had no idea it is that easy OR cheap to get a C&R FFL! I'll have to look into this option for sure. Essentially I want to refinish these things and sell some of them off too. I want to be a gunsmith sooooo bad.

wellfedirishman
10-31-2008, 6:04 AM
I know its a bit further from Sac, but they have a very good selection (I estimate 200-300 rifles), most of which are C&R. They have stuff I have never heard of, and I am familiar with most C&Rs.

Definitely get your C&R license, you get great discounts from Midway and Brownells too (20-30%).

ohsmily
10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Actually I think this is grammatically correct. Yikes! The reason being that SALE means at a price less than normal and SELL means to give something in return for money. I will look itno it further but I thought this is the right way. No. No. No. And you are not the only person to make this error. It is all over the intarwebs

I had no idea it is that easy OR cheap to get a C&R FFL! I'll have to look into this option for sure. Essentially I want to refinish these things and sell some of them off too. I want to be a gunsmith sooooo bad.

Yeah, getting your C&R is a great way to go. You also get dealer pricing from some online vendors if you have a C&R. MidwayUSA comes to mind.

WRT Sell/Sale; People will keep making this error...why does it grate in my mind so?

nobs11
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Essentially I want to refinish these things and sell some of them off too. I want to be a gunsmith sooooo bad.

You should look into getting a dealers license. You can't buy guns and turn them around with a C&R license. It is for collecting and you are allowed to sell to "enhance your collection." If profit is your objective, then a C&R FFL is not for you. Even gunsmiths aren't allowed to buy guns, refinish them and turn them around. You need a manufacturers license for that. You can't turn around guns for sale as Joe unlicensed citizen. You have to be either a manufacturer or a dealer.

A C&R FFL also gives the ATF the right to audit your collection (with appointment, they can't just barge in).

jlh95811
11-01-2008, 12:08 AM
That sounds expensive