View Full Version : Rommy v Rommy G

10-29-2008, 5:28 PM
Help a newbie out. Besides the G, whats the big difference (besides the cool red G)? Which is more sought after? They seem to be around the same price. If I were to get a romanian kit, should I shoot for G or not for G.. that is the question.

10-29-2008, 5:34 PM
"G" is for Guardia(sp?), or their national guard. The Gs were rarely fired and for the most part were only equipped to fire in Semi-auto.

Non-"G"s are regular military rifles, often fired, and in full-auto with corrosive ammo. There are some Non-"G"s that were made specifically for export (think Africa) and were not built to the strictest of standards - I think that's why WASRs can often have canted sights, etc. due to historically lax QC for exports.

Get a matching number "G" and you'll be more than pleased with it.

10-29-2008, 5:44 PM
and for the most part were only equipped to fire in Semi-auto.

I see this said alot, but there sure are a lot of kits that came with the FA parts. I know the ones I have came with all the parts and springs. And to CMA those have all been destroyed.:D

10-29-2008, 5:53 PM
From what I've read, the G rifles started off as FA but had the tail of one of the parts cut off in order to prevent it from firing in FA. They weren't going to bother creating an all-new FCG for their semi-automatic rifles which they were issuing to their youth guard.

So, they may look like FA and in fact will still get you popped for a felony if you drill that third hole in the receiver, but the G kit parts don't necessarily have FA function due to the missing tails.

10-30-2008, 7:58 AM
Of the 5 Romy G parts kits that I have received, none of them came with the FA disconnector, but did come with the FA sear intact. Fortunately, I can't go back and check the sears as they are long gone.