View Full Version : AR10 LPK question

10-29-2008, 2:34 PM
I've purchased an Aero lower for the AR10 that I'm building, and I'm now hanging out waiting for it to come out of the state-mandated DROS quarantine period (I guess it might have fruit flies or something on it :D ). Time to decide what to do about a lower parts kit.

The Aero takes Armalite parts, so I went looking at Armalite's site to see what they've got. I see that I can get a standard trigger for $95 or a "two stage tactical trigger" for $150. Adxtactical has the two stage thing for $144 after the Calguns discount.

I don't know what the difference is. Is a "two stage tactical trigger" worth the additional $49, or should I just go with the standard trigger from Armalite? Keeping in mind that this is my first AR build, is a two stage trigger harder to install than a standard trigger?

For that matter, is there a parts kit other than what armalite produces that I should be considering? Any pointers are much appreciated.

Finally, I've pretty much decided to start with a bullet button on this build, and then maybe go to a MMG if the BB drives me crazy. To this end, I'm considering the B15 (http://www.adxtactical.com/store/pc/showsearchresults.asp?idSupplier=10&idcategory=109&customfield=&SearchValues=&priceFrom=&priceUntil=&withstock=&sku=&IDBrand=&keyWord=B15&exact=&resultCnt=20&order=&iPageCurrent=1&pageStyle=H). Can anyone definitively tell me one way or another if that will fit on my lower? The specs for the Aero should be the same as for the Noveske N6. If not, I'll just try it and if it doesn't work I'm sure I can find someone to take it off my hands.

10-29-2008, 2:39 PM
Armalite is the only place for those LPK's and the 2 stage is worth the extra coin. It is cheaper to get them together too. Install is about the same for both.

10-29-2008, 2:43 PM

AR10's are precision rifles (all ARs are) - triggers are #2 on making the gun accurate.

10-29-2008, 2:48 PM
I would recommend the match trigger for $49 more. Same installation as the standard trigger.

Search the forum. There are only few different parts for an AR10 LPK vs the AR15. It will save you money. You can get an AR15 LPK with RRA match trigger plus the AR10 parts for much less money. I recommend RRA for the LPK and match trigger. AR10 parts from Armalite.

RRA LPK and 2 stage match trigger around $145 + AR10 parts.

10-29-2008, 2:48 PM
My $.02:

The standard triggers have less parts to break hence they are more suited for SHTF/going in harms way reliability senarios.

I have heard GREAT things about the Armalite 2 stage tactical trigger and that it is worth the $$$ all of the "Fancy" triggers are said to have a smoother and cleaner break/pull. (I dont have any so take it for what it is worth)

I did just receive my Armalite LPKs w/standard trigger from Armalite not more than a few hours ago they ship FAST...

They sent me a catalog here are their prices:

AR-10 Lower Reciever Parts Kits:
w/out Trigger $54.

w/Tactical 2 Stage Trigger $150.
w/National Match Trigger $225.

Trigger Kits:
National Match 2 Stage $145
Tactical 2 Stage $97

Order Total Shipping Charge:
$0-$25 $6.95
$26-$50 $7.95
$51-$100 $9.95
$101-$150 $12.95
$151-$200 $14.95
$201-$300 $16.95
$301-$400 $18.95
$401-$500 $21.95
$501 and up $25.95

Senior members here have also commmented on how Armalite LPKs are CONSISTANTLY in Spec where other LPKs sometimes produce "bad batches" this is why I chose them.

YES the Aero & Noveske are the same ORIGINAL Armalite AR-10 design and YES the BB will fit.

10-29-2008, 3:01 PM
Wow. Thanks for the replies, guys.

BTW, what do you guys suggest for buttstocks? Can I use one designed to fit an AR15 lower, or are they sized differently for an AR10 (is the buffer bigger?). I was told I can use an AR15 A2 buttstock on this project. Does that mean I can use any buttstock that will fit an AR15?

I'll probably just go with an A2, but I'm wondering what my options are here.

I'm obviously in a mood to shop today. :D

10-29-2008, 4:02 PM
I had a few similar question, just bought my 1st 308 lower. Here's a link, may be some helpful info. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=127858

I'm taking a bit of a different approach on the lower parts kit because I already have so many springs & detents & parts, plus I never use the stock grip, bolt release or safety. I'm going to scrounge what I have around the house for extra parts (I know I have a DPMS bolt release somewhere) have already ordered an ambi safety and Ergo grip and some other parts, then I'll head to Irvington Arms and hope to pick up whatever else I need. Already got the RRA 2 stage from AR15 Sale, $88.00 total shipping.

10-29-2008, 6:41 PM
When I built my Noveske N6 I got a LPK less trigger and hammer from Armalite for $55. I used the $40 that I would have spent if I got the whole kit twards the cost of a Timney 308 trigger. They are very simple to install and they rock.

10-29-2008, 7:00 PM
Armalite is the only place for those LPK's

Incorrect. There are at least three other vendors. Here is one:

10-29-2008, 7:04 PM
When I built my Noveske N6 I got a LPK less trigger and hammer from Armalite for $55. I used the $40 that I would have spent if I got the whole kit twards the cost of a Timney 308 trigger. They are very simple to install and they rock.

That would be the way I would go, except I would add a Geisselle trigger.