PDA

View Full Version : The scoop on Saiga-12's

Bushido-sig
10-29-2008, 1:28 PM
Posting this here because the shotgun forum looks a little anemic.

Anyhow, does the Saiga-12 have to have a fixed mag configuration to be CA compliant regardless if it is converted or not?

Also, what is the maximum number of shells a CA compliant Saiga-12 magazine can hold?

Thanks.

yellowfin
10-29-2008, 1:33 PM
Wondering about that myself. Does it use an AK BB or something else specific to it?

Bushido-sig
10-29-2008, 1:50 PM
Not sure on the specific type, but I do know Aloharover fabricates one on his Saiga-12's for his CA clients. Hopefully there's a variety of choices for us to choose from.

JeffM
10-29-2008, 1:51 PM
This issue has been hashed out within the last week or so with PC references. Look around and you'll find it.

alex00
10-29-2008, 1:54 PM
Posting this here because the shotgun forum looks a little anemic.

Anyhow, does the Saiga-12 have to have a fixed mag configuration to be CA compliant regardless if it is converted or not?

Also, what is the maximum number of shells a CA compliant Saiga-12 magazine can hold?

Thanks.

Yes, the magazine must be fixed. A semi-auto shotty with a detachable magazine is by default an AW. The only magazine capacity to worry about is staying at or below the 10 round limit.

supersonic
10-29-2008, 5:31 PM
Yes, the magazine must be fixed. A semi-auto shotty .

ARRRRRGGGH!!!!!!!:banghead: Haven't we gotten past this yet?????:rolleyes:

thedrickel
10-29-2008, 9:35 PM
Mag lock devices vary due to the variety of conversions done on them.

drummerdude1188
10-29-2008, 9:38 PM
my god there is a new one of these every few days

sigsauer887
10-29-2008, 9:56 PM
Hey guys I have a few questions on my own.

Will there be another assault weapons ban?

Also, can I own high cap mags or buy magazine rebuild kits?

mvpatriot
10-29-2008, 9:59 PM
Hey guys I have a few questions on my own.

Will there be another assault weapons ban?

Also, can I own high cap mags or buy magazine rebuild kits?

you also forgot: "Obama Sucks" :D

jacques
10-29-2008, 10:02 PM
my god there is a new one of these every few days

There is a definite, some 900% increase (that is from my FFL, so take it for what ever, all I know is his business is booming) in gun sales due to the hype of the election dooms day, there are going to be A lot of new people asking a lot of the same questions.

JeffM
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
There is a definite, some 900% increase (that is from my FFL, so take it for what ever, all I know is his business is booming) in gun sales due to the hype of the election dooms day, there are going to be A lot of new people asking a lot of the same questions.

Maybe we need to make the FAQ link, AW flow chart, and the search button in a larger font?

Ok, to answer one of the questions which Drickle references, AK style mag locks are usually attached to the trigger guard. There are so many ways to do a S12 conversion that Bullet Buttons for them need to be custom fabricated based on what trigger guard is used and how it is positioned and attached.

There are some cookie-cutter conversions out there that are cheap and quick done by the less-than-custom shops. And there are folks out there converting them to be more in line with how the original un-bastardized, un-importable S12s are configured. Then there are the garage builder types out to make a quick buck and you don't know what you're really getting.

All of them have to somehow figure out how to make the magazine non-detachable that works with the way they do the conversion.

drummerdude1188
10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
mabey a sticky about saiga 12's in the shotgun forum would be helpful?

Bushido-sig
10-30-2008, 8:48 AM
How about the creation of a FAQ forum where the administrators are the only ones that can post stickies? No discussions, just information.

ohsmily
10-30-2008, 8:51 AM
How about the creation of a FAQ forum where the administrators are the only ones that can post stickies? No discussions, just information.

Only administrators can post stickies already.

Bushido-sig
10-30-2008, 9:01 AM
I know. But we don't have a dedicated forum for FAQ's.

EBR Works
10-30-2008, 9:07 AM
Relevant legal discussion here for those that have not seen it:

http://64.151.69.37/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=128705

Matt@EntrepriseArms
10-30-2008, 9:50 AM
If Obama gets elected, most likely there will be a ban. It will also most likely put us and other firearms manufacturers (think OLL) out of business.

40caldeserteagle
10-30-2008, 2:08 PM

Yes we do it, it's located here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/search.php).

David F.

Bushido-sig
10-30-2008, 2:50 PM
Hilarious!

What does Borat say? "NAAAUT!"

grammaton76
10-30-2008, 4:40 PM

Forums are never a good place to put FAQs anyway - particularly since forums go down regularly with full data loss (upgrades, hosting problems etc... probably won't happen again at CGN due to the new setup but you never know).

Wikis, that's where it's at - you don't have a multi post format to dig through and you end up with coherent articles which answer the questions brought up. (Yes, I know this sounds like a shameless thegunwiki plug, but the inherent inefficiency of using forums/stickies is the whole reason I started it).

jacques
10-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Forums are never a good place to put FAQs anyway - particularly since forums go down regularly with full data loss (upgrades, hosting problems etc... probably won't happen again at CGN due to the new setup but you never know).

Wikis, that's where it's at - you don't have a multi post format to dig through and you end up with coherent articles which answer the questions brought up. (Yes, I know this sounds like a shameless thegunwiki plug, but the inherent inefficiency of using forums/stickies is the whole reason I started it).

+1 to thegunwiki. It is great source of tons of info. I sat and read through that for 2-weeks before ever posting anything here.