PDA

View Full Version : Changing out a AR permanently installed flash suppressor for a compensator

larryb
10-28-2008, 5:35 PM
Does any one know if/where i can have a permanently installed flash suppressor changed out for a compensator?

I just completed my second AR lower and configured it as a featureless build with a A2 stock, RRA 2 stage trigger and MM grip. I want to use the upper from my previous build for a while till i save up for a 20" varmint upper. The only problem is my upper is a CMMG 14.5" barrel with a permanently installed flash suppressor. I can see the flash suppressor has a small spot on the underside of the barrel. I would like to remove the flash suppressor and have a permanently installed compensator instead so i will have a totally featureless build and can utilize my preban 30rd mags. Any ideas of anyone out there who may be able to do this?

bwiese
10-28-2008, 5:38 PM
PM ar15barrels or m24armorer.

There's probably some other smiths/vendors here that can do this also.

Do not do it yourself for legal reasons (temporarily creating an NFA SBR).

larryb
10-28-2008, 5:40 PM
PM ar15barrels or m24armorer.

There's probably some other smiths/vendors here that can do this also.

Do not do it yourself for legal reasons (temporarily creating an NFA SBR).

Thanks and i have no desire to try and attempt this myself :)

ar15barrels
10-28-2008, 9:51 PM
I do them all the time.

service pricelist is here: www.ar15barrels.com/services.shtml

larryb
10-29-2008, 3:45 PM
So is this correct,

Remove Permanently Attached Muzzle Device $25
This service includes machining away your old muzzle device and cleaning up the threads to prep the muzzle for a new muzzle device to be permanently attached. In most cases, the old muzzle device will be destroyed so it will not be salvageable.

Permanently Attach Muzzle Device $20
This service includes drilling through the installed muzzle device and into the barrel, installing a blind pin, welding over the end of the pin and machining the surface of the weld to match the profile of the muzzle device. This does not include barrel threading. This service is required to convert a 14.5" M4 barrel into a legal 16"+ barrel length. Machined areas will be finished with touchup blue where applicable.

How much for a basic compensator and what kind of turn around time am i looking at?
Big Thanks!!