PDA

View Full Version : 10,000th glock trigger thread

save2Acali
12-24-2016, 10:00 AM
And I've read all of them. Nonetheless I need advice. I have an extra glock that is strictly a range toy/friendly competition gun.

I am looking to just take the "bump" out of my trigger. When i pull it back about halfway to the wall i go over a bump that is probably 3lbs if i had to guess. Maybe less idk.

The trigger is a little heavy. But i like the reset. Ive been reading about triggers, connectors, springs and polishing jobs. But i dont know what will address this issue. Money isnt necessarily a factor as long as the results justify it.

Btw if it helps i don't like rolling triggers. I like pulling to a wall and than breaking. Hopefully i gave enough info to be useful.

Thank you guys

HopetonBrown
12-24-2016, 10:05 AM
What's a heavy reset?

The "bump" is the trigger bar engaging the safety plunger.

You can get a lighter weigh safety plunger spring, I use TTI, and/or you could try the Apex safety plunger. It's more rounded than OEM, and is about 1mm taller.

save2Acali
12-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Sorry. I like the reset. The trigger is a little heavy.

Safety plunger spring and plunger. Ok awesome.

I remember us talking in the other thread. Tti has great reviews. I almost bought the kit but everyone says its a "rolling" break. I could get used to it but id rather not.

NYT
12-24-2016, 10:23 AM
tti is pretty good but if you want to play with your settings, i would rec the zev fulcrum ult trigger kit.

ive purchased most trigger kits out there for glocks and settled on zev for comp style glocks and mcnally for carry glocks.

HopetonBrown
12-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Think of that bump on the top of the trigger bar as your tire. The safety plunger is a speed bump.

The more rounded the speed bump, the smoother your tire will travel over it.

A lighter safety plunger spring means the trigger bar needs to exert less force on the safety plunger to move it out of the way.

A rolling break is more for speed shooting. When I'm shooting 5 shots a second, I can't hear or feel a crisp reset, so it doesn't matter to me. But a shorter reset is also for speed shooting. So understand what all this crap does in your gun, which is gonna benefit you, and that most people telling you to buy XYZ trigger don't have an understanding, either.