PDA

View Full Version : Hello....again

AlexF
10-28-2008, 6:42 AM
Hello again CalGunners, just when you thought it was safe to log onto the forum again....I'm baaaack!

Thanks to the moderators for letting me re-sign up. It was fun messing around on the "close my account" thread.

Seriously though, I'm glad to be onboard with all of you. I've been reading the forum for a while but only recently purchased my first firearm, AK from Cold War Shooters (thanks Chris!). Currently on day 4 of my 10 days of torture:drool5:

As for my political inclinations, I suppose you could call me a Libertarian with Anarcho-Capitalist leanings. I believe government is a hinderance on society as a whole. I also believe the private sector can do anything the government does BETTER and CHEAPER. I believe taxes are theft and that all humans should be allowed to live their lives as they see fit, provided they don't interfere with the freedoms of others.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Nice to be a part of the club!

Alex

JTecalo
10-28-2008, 6:57 AM
Welcome!!

AlexF
10-29-2008, 3:47 AM
Thanks! 5 days to go.......

gunboat
10-29-2008, 5:43 PM
The problem is not taxes, which are necessary, but how they are used -- Would you prefer to have a paid fire dept that only responds if you provide a cash prepayment? --

Beelzy
10-29-2008, 6:00 PM
The problem is not taxes, which are necessary, but how they are used -- Would you prefer to have a paid fire dept that only responds if you provide a cash prepayment? --

I wouldn't mind if the Fire Dept. gave me priority over a section 8 domicile
if I had cash in hand. :TFH:

Saigon1965
10-29-2008, 6:25 PM
Welcome aboard - Enjoy your stay.

Tho_Sun
10-29-2008, 6:47 PM
What the deuce? Glitch in the Matrix?

Nodda Duma
10-30-2008, 9:19 AM
In my experience there are things that the government can and does do better than private sector..particularly in the defense industry but .. not worth arguing about. Welcome aboard!

-Jason

AlexF
10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Would you prefer to have a paid fire dept that only responds if you provide a cash prepayment? --

I have no problem with that. I would feel much better being responsible for making payments to the agencies I see fit to serve my needs.....instead of letting the government extort the money from me and not giving me say regarding where it's spent.

--Alex

AlexF
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
In my experience there are things that the government can and does do better than private sector..particularly in the defense industry but .. not worth arguing about. Welcome aboard!

-Jason

Well, that's because of the monopoly the gov has in that sector. Government is accountable to no one except, well, the government. The private sector is accountable to it's customers. If a private business does not do its job well, customers leave and find another agency that can do the job. Competition is good.....the State HAS NO COMPETITION.

sorensen440
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome back

AlexF
10-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Glad to be back!

Soldier415
10-30-2008, 3:26 PM
That last thread of yours was comedy gold :D

AlexF
10-30-2008, 7:08 PM
That last thread of yours was comedy gold :D

:D I try....please leave a tip on your way out.

Soldier415
10-31-2008, 3:26 AM
:D I try....please leave a tip on your way out.

If you are having a dream that you are a chicken and you are about to lay an egg...WAKE UP QUICK!

That's a good tip ;)

:p