View Full Version : newbie here

10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
hey folks,
newbie here from southern cali.

been interested in guns for a while and just recently started acquireing those ive always wanted. one question i have,
i notice alot of people saying they have built thier ar styled rifles. im curious to know if there are any companies that sell fully assembled ready to fire california legal ar styled rifles. ive been in love with the m-16 and m-4 eversince i was in the service. however id preffer to purchase the gun set up as close to how id like it from the dealler versus having to hunt down all the parts. any help would be greatly appreciated

10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
A few companies manufacture some fixed mag CA models. Bushmaster for one. I'm sure some companies that sell here on Calguns ( like Cold War Shooters) will put a bullet button on an AR and take off all of the "evil features" to make it CA compliant.

10-27-2008, 8:58 PM
my understanding is that by installing the bullet button, we are allowed certian "evil" features. am i incorrect in what i heard?

M. Sage
10-27-2008, 9:00 PM
Yes. But you're limited to a ten round magazine, even if you own or have access to 20s or 30s. If you use a Monsterman Grip (MMG) or U-15 stock without any "evil features", you can use magazines of any capacity you legally possess and use a regular magazine release button. Well worth it, IMO. They look somewhat strange at first, but are totally comfortable.

10-27-2008, 9:02 PM
im unfamiliar with the u 15 stock. ive seen the monster man grip and frankly thats not something that interests me. how does someone actually grip that