PDA

View Full Version : New CA gun laws affect sales of reloading equipment?

CalPike
12-18-2016, 5:40 PM
Hello All,

Just wondering if the new CA gun laws affect face to face sales starting in 2017? I have a fair bit of reloading product that am wanting to sell. Thanks very much.

wbunning
12-18-2016, 5:59 PM
None of the new laws affect reloading equipment, or components for 2017. Sell it-- no worries.

elpaisa1
12-18-2016, 6:58 PM
Better look. Cause the expanded the definition of ammunition to include projectiles. I belive powder and primers are good

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Capybara
12-18-2016, 8:39 PM
Better look. Cause the expanded the definition of ammunition to include projectiles. I belive powder and primers are good

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Read the PC carefully...only for prohibited persons.

JackEllis
12-18-2016, 9:23 PM
The way I read applicable sections of Prop 63, reloaded ammunition is no different than factory ammunition. Bullets, however, are only considered "ammunition" for the purposes of Penal Code sections 30305 and 30306, and those appear to apply to criminals.

The key language in Prop 63 can be found here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=16150.&lawCode=PEN).

The legislature could always pass another law that goes after reloading for personal use but I'm thinking that might not happen.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to get on my soapbox for just a moment. If you have friends and neighbors that have never handled a firearm, offer to take them shooting. Don't show them your arsenal, don't show them all the ammo you've stockpiled and be low key about the whole thing. Just take them out to a supervised range for a little target practice or plinking. The most effective way to educate the public about firearms and firearm owners is by taking the mystery out of it.

Capybara
12-18-2016, 10:01 PM
The way I read applicable sections of Prop 63, reloaded ammunition is no different than factory ammunition. Bullets, however, are only considered "ammunition" for the purposes of Penal Code sections 30305 and 30306, and those appear to apply to criminals.

The key language in Prop 63 can be found here (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=16150.&lawCode=PEN).

The legislature could always pass another law that goes after reloading for personal use but I'm thinking that might not happen.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to get on my soapbox for just a moment. If you have friends and neighbors that have never handled a firearm, offer to take them shooting. Don't show them your arsenal, don't show them all the ammo you've stockpiled and be low key about the whole thing. Just take them out to a supervised range for a little target practice or plinking. The most effective way to educate the public about firearms and firearm owners is by taking the mystery out of it.

They will come after reloading components. This next legislative session wouldn't surprise me. They rammed through Prop 63 with lies and propaganda, plus Brown signed all of our worst nightmares into law in July, stuff that he had vetoed previously. The enemy is emboldened, next will be all semi-auto long guns and reloading, it's just will they go for it in the 2017 legislative session or will they wait 'till Jerry takes a powder and Newscum is in the Governors Office? The road map is already laid out for anyone who reviews the bills submitted since about 2012. The tyrants that write this BS don't go away, once they fail, they keep throwing it against the wall until is sticks. Everything we are going through now, could have happened 2-4 years ago, they just failed for various reasons but they threw it again and this time it stuck.

CalPike
12-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks all, seems like it's ok - for now. Will post it soon in the appropriate forum.

Cool Beans
12-20-2016, 2:23 PM
The new law for ammo purchases doesn't go into effect until July 2019. It's still 2 1/2 years away.

Win231
12-20-2016, 2:28 PM
Maybe they'll wait for more Sandy Hooks & terrorist attacks; then they figure they'll have an excuse for more legislation.

CAL.BAR
12-20-2016, 3:06 PM
Besides, reloading will never become "mainstream" as it takes a fair amount of effort to get up to speed, a fair amount of investment to buy everything you need, and you have to shoot a fair amount to make it worth while.

bsumoba
12-20-2016, 5:42 PM
watch out though...some manufactures and retailers may not ship certain ammo components to CA anymore. Good example is bullets.com who appear to have stopped shipping brass, or at least Norma 6 Dasher brass from what I heard. i heard from a friend, so validate this particular case, but we'll see if any other retailers take the same stance and just simply do not want to deal with or figure out what they can and cannot do.

kcheung2
12-20-2016, 5:54 PM
Besides, reloading will never become "mainstream" as it takes a fair amount of effort to get up to speed, a fair amount of investment to buy everything you need, and you have to shoot a fair amount to make it worth while.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but then they put the kibosh on .50bmg & that meets all your criteria as well.