PDA

View Full Version : Wister Report Sun 10-26-08

10-26-2008, 4:25 PM
Got in with reservation, 4th hunting party out of maybe 15 other parties total; very few people hunted today. Weather was too nice, absolute calm; birds only flew for about 15 minutes and very few of them. Out of six or seven shots we managed to take two hens: one green wing teal (me), a cinnamon teal (one of my buddies) and three coots (another buddy, this being his first bird hunt). The fourth guy didn't get anything, not even fired a single shot.
Around 8 AM two DFG game wardens showed up in our blind and inspected EVERYTHING, for 30-something minutes: guns, bags, area around the blind, pond. They have been very polite but took their time; I had the feeling they were a little disapointed they couldn't find anything any irregularity. One of them pointed at a downed coot in the middle of the pond and asked why we didn't picked it up. I responded it isn't ours, nobody shot on that direction all morning. He sent his rookie officer to retrieve it just to make a point that indeed we did something wrong; the guy came back with the bird, it was a stinking carcass; probably floating there for a week. They thanked us and left, shortly thereafter we packed our stuff and headed home too.
That's all.

Gunaria
10-26-2008, 7:58 PM
...One of them pointed at a downed coot in the middle of the pond and asked why we didn't picked it up. I responded it isn't ours, nobody shot on that direction all morning. He sent his rookie officer to retrieve it just to make a point that indeed we did something wrong; the guy came back with the bird, it was a stinking carcass; probably floating there for a week...

Now that is an instant classic.

Here's probably a couple things that you would have liked to said but didn't...

Sorry Mr. Warden for dissapointing you this morning.

Hurry the hell up, you are wasting mine and everybody else's $16.50.

Guess what, I was there both days this weekend. I've seen the Warden's truck, it was park right next to our truck. My brother and I were guessing that he was bothering hunters at their blind site.

10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Now that is an instant classic.

Here's probably a couple things that you would have liked to said but didn't...

Sorry Mr. Warden for dissapointing you this morning.

Hurry the hell up, you are wasting mine and everybody else's $16.50.

Guess what, I was there both days this weekend. I've seen the Warden's truck, it was park right next to our truck. My brother and I were guessing that he was bothering hunters at their blind site.

Were you the guy with the black female labrador? My Saturn Vue was parked at Y15A1.

Gunaria
10-27-2008, 1:10 PM
Were you the guy with the black female labrador? My Saturn Vue was parked at Y15A1.

No I was opposite of them parked at Y15B2 in a Chevy Colorado with the female German Shorthaired Pointer.