View Full Version : Anyone sal****er fish? bay area?

10-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I fish with my surf rod, its a 10 ft rod. I went quite a few times this year with not much luck. last year was alot better. i duno..
I usually go for stripers around martinez or the delta how about you guys?

10-26-2008, 1:04 PM
I go out on a kayak in the north bay area. Going this week to Salt Point one last time before they permanently close the area to the public. They are extending the Gerstle Cove Sanctuary and will take out miles of shoreline from fishing. Thanks to the Joyce Foundation.

10-26-2008, 3:40 PM
Good grief, the Joyce go after fishing too?!?! What can we do to squash them?

10-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Get on a boat! Hit Berkeley flats, Red Rock, California City, for Halibut and Stripers. Maybe The Rock and bird shat island for Rockfish.

All depends on the timing and season. Read the fishing report in the newspaper by Tom Steinstra. Main thing is to get on a boat. I bet with that surf rod you just get beat up on shore and get a lotta snags. Then again, if you're in a nice sandy place you'll be fine.... not easy to find though.

10-27-2008, 7:55 AM
Martinez is all sand.
when its super low tide, you can walk out there.

whats that joyce thing?

10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
If you have not been fishing on the coast you may not care but, The state passed a law which was not funded but sounded good a few years ago. The tree huggers got money from the various big environmentalist and funded the law so they stacked their "Blue Ribbon Committee". It takes a lot of coast line out of public use. They have different types of restriction from no use to restricted use. Most of the good fishing areas will be off limits in order to protect the natural sea live. Some areas are so restricted you can not swim or boat in the waters.
Check this out.

Coastal fishing is dieing very quick but also very quite.

G-Man WC
10-27-2008, 7:57 PM
Launched Sunday out of Vallejo in the Napa river and fished bouy 11, rodeo and bouy 7. A lot of traffic out there. Three stripers to 14 lbs. A few leopards and a mud marlin mixxed with shakers. A lot of striper bites and short runs with dropped bait and . The fish were biting lite on bullheads. I'd give it a few weeks and things should heat up. -g

10-27-2008, 8:10 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that the swear filter removed T-W-A-T from sal****er?

10-27-2008, 8:16 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that the swear filter removed T-W-A-T from sal****er?

I do HAHA :D

10-31-2008, 9:40 AM
Hey Gman good to go,
I gota try to head out again with my uncle, this year has been dead for us.

and yes sal****er is still being censored.. it was mentioned a few times in 2 other threads.

10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
It was a great day on the ocean Wednesday. My buddy and I got some good stringers and just enjoyed the weather. Kayaks are an easy way to get a round in the ocean.

10-31-2008, 4:12 PM
I love sal****er.....

11-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I usually fish in brentwood by discovery bay, caught a few big stripers there when i was young and some nice catfishes, but it seems less and less likely that i get anything big now. Anyone want to share some good shore fishing spots with me?

11-01-2008, 10:38 AM
i use a 12 foot ugly stik and fish Benicia/vallejo/napa/grizzly island/rio vista have always had good luck at all stripers sturgeon and cats