PDA

View Full Version : Mike Dillon RIP

bubbapug1
12-10-2016, 6:22 AM
Mike Dillon, founder of Dillon Aero, passed away a few days ago.

All blue press owners, we will observe a minute of silence tomorrow standing in front of our presses at 12:00 noon sharp.

And in observance of his passing we can all agree---blue is best - Lee sucks!!

donnrcp
12-10-2016, 8:38 AM
I am impressed with the 550B my wife gave me some years ago. What a legacy of quality equipment and customer service he has left for his family and us.

Lee has worked for me for over 36 years bubbapugg1, not all of us have budgets to serve all our wants or needs.

Blue is awesome!

rm1911
12-10-2016, 5:04 PM
I never quite understood his business model. He built and sold a product that works amazingly, never breaks, and you never need to buy another. 25 years, several dozen thousand flawless rounds and when I lose a pin, or a spring wears out, or if I break a part, they ship it out that day. No charge. And usually throw in a bunch of extra parts.

How the hell is a company to survive when they have no repeat customers. I mean come on, sometime I'm going to need to buy a replacement. That thing certainly won't last forever.

Or maybe it will.

Mike, you are always the man. God bless. I'll raise a drink to ya, but you shouldn't drink and reload. So instead, I'll just crank out an extra 1k in your honor.

glockman19
12-10-2016, 5:06 PM
RIP Mike...Thanks for the Blue Cool Aid...

BajaJames83
12-10-2016, 5:22 PM
RIP Mike
Thank you for your blue kool-aid

G-Man WC
12-10-2016, 5:24 PM
RIP Mr Blue.

-g

StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca
12-10-2016, 5:25 PM
RIP.

liber
12-10-2016, 7:05 PM
RIP indeed.

Will be loading and thinking about Mike...

the_tunaman
12-10-2016, 8:06 PM
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the Blue Press - rest in peace.

bubbapug1
12-10-2016, 8:24 PM
Guys the dig at Lee was a joke. Kinda. I've run both machines. Yes...Yugos are cars too, as are Mercedes.

But I AM SERIOUS In asking all my fellow blue kool aid drinkers to join with me in a moment of silence maņana at high noon before their Dillon. I think it's the least we could do.

Are you with me on this amigos?

madjack956
12-10-2016, 8:40 PM
I'm in... its the least I could do for an awesome product and superior customer service since the 80's.

stevec223
12-10-2016, 9:38 PM
I don't have a blue press,, but I have done business with Dillon... Always excellent service !!.. The videos of the remote controled planes being fired on at night with mini-guns are awesome.. And the calendars are a yearly must have... Thanks Mr. Dillon ,, and RIP...

donnrcp
12-10-2016, 9:47 PM
Guys the dig at Lee was a joke. Kinda. I've run both machines. Yes...Yugos are cars too, as are Mercedes.

But I AM SERIOUS In asking all my fellow blue kool aid drinkers to join with me in a moment of silence maņana at high noon before their Dillon. I think it's the least we could do.

Are you with me on this amigos?

I did load 100 45 ACP on my Dillon today. 200 gr PC Lee SWCs, I even cleaned it up afterwards.

I am with you.

novabrian
12-10-2016, 11:36 PM
"You're my boy Blue"! Proud Dillon 550B owner here! RIP sir.

CGT80
12-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Black is better............thank you Mike, for developing the wonderful Super 1050

I don't dislike my 550, but it just isn't built the way the 1050 is.

kcstott
12-11-2016, 7:55 AM
I never quite understood his business model. He built and sold a product that works amazingly, never breaks, and you never need to buy another. 25 years, several dozen thousand flawless rounds and when I lose a pin, or a spring wears out, or if I break a part, they ship it out that day. No charge. And usually throw in a bunch of extra parts.

How the hell is a company to survive when they have no repeat customers. I mean come on, sometime I'm going to need to buy a replacement. That thing certainly won't last forever.

Or maybe it will.

Mike, you are always the man. God bless. I'll raise a drink to ya, but you shouldn't drink and reload. So instead, I'll just crank out an extra 1k in your honor.

You think there's $40 in parts in a caliber conversion?? $30 in a tool head, or $20 for a powder die, or $20 for a powder funnel, Then you have the other presses to consider and envy, the XL650, the RL1050, the Super 1050

But you need to understand something, Dillon is Subsidized, That Minigun they make is taking care of any loses associated with good service.
US Government contracts are a very lucrative business to be in.

madjack956
12-11-2016, 1:48 PM
You think there's $40 in parts in a caliber conversion?? $30 in a tool head, or $20 for a powder die, or $20 for a powder funnel, Then you have the other presses to consider and envy, the XL650, the RL1050, the Super 1050

But you need to understand something, Dillon is Subsidized, That Minigun they make is taking care of any loses associated with good service.
US Government contracts are a very lucrative business to be in.

All due respect KC, but Dillon started making improvements to minigun parts in the early 90's and really didn't start making the whole thing for the government until the late 90's- early 2000's.

He was providing great service on his presses long before that.

bubbapug1
12-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Btt