PDA

View Full Version : 10-30 Fixed SKS mag?

Steve O
10-22-2008, 7:51 PM
A friend has a real nice looking SKS Para trooper. We were wondering if anyone knew of a 10-30 fixed mag?
Were looking for an authentic look to hang above the fireplace!

He does have an hi cap mag he got before 2000, but cant use it as the sks with detachable mag in a AW.
Would some sort of mag lock like a BB work? This given he modifies the hi cap mag to hold only 10 rounds

Shane916
10-22-2008, 7:57 PM
Sir,

With all do respects we answered the same exact question you asked in your prior thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=127263

No one makes a 10/30 hinged fixed magazine for the SKS.

If you have a SKS pattern rifle such as a Zastava M59 or 59/66 or any other rifle that DOES NOT say SKS on it, then your friend can place a detachable magazine in it. I recommend not doing so but technically it is legal. If your friend has the 30 rounder that he owned before the year 2000 then he can use that as well. If the rifle says SKS on it then the closest option you have is the Tapco 10/20 FIXED magazine.

Steve O
10-22-2008, 8:10 PM
Sir,

With all do respects we answered the same exact question you asked in your prior thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=127263

No one makes a 10/30 hinged fixed magazine for the SKS.

If you have a SKS pattern rifle such as a Zastava M59 or 59/66 or any other rifle that DOES NOT say SKS on it, then your friend can place a detachable magazine in it. I recommend not doing so but technically it is legal. If your friend has the 30 rounder that he owned before the year 2000 then he can use that as well. If the rifle says SKS on it then the closest option you have is the Tapco 10/20 FIXED magazine.

ohh man.

I was looking for that thread. I used the search. I searched all post by my self, and i didn't see it!

Sorry. I was having problems with the website when I posted that thread, I kept getting error messages, and assumed it was lost!

lol. thanks again!

BroncoBob
10-22-2008, 8:21 PM
I'm wondering if there is a U.S. manufacturer who makes a steel fixed 10 rd mag like the original mag that comes with the SKS rifle? I've purchased a Tapco Fusion pistol grip stock and I'm working through the 922r compliance issue. I have ordered the U.S. gas piston, and operating rod. I only need to replace 2 more parts with U.S. made parts to reach the magic number. I'm a little hesitant to purchase a U.S. made FCG (trigger, hammer, sear) as I think it might be beyond my ability to install it. I really don't care for the Tapco plastic fixed 10 rd unit as I think it might just bring to much attention from an unknowledgable LEO.

:banghead:

Shane916
10-22-2008, 8:53 PM
I'm wondering if there is a U.S. manufacturer who makes a steel fixed 10 rd mag like the original mag that comes with the SKS rifle? I've purchased a Tapco Fusion pistol grip stock and I'm working through the 922r compliance issue. I have ordered the U.S. gas piston, and operating rod. I only need to replace 2 more parts with U.S. made parts to reach the magic number. I'm a little hesitant to purchase a U.S. made FCG (trigger, hammer, sear) as I think it might be beyond my ability to install it. I really don't care for the Tapco plastic fixed 10 rd unit as I think it might just bring to much attention from an unknowledgable LEO.

:banghead:

There is one but I don't recall if they make them anymore. I had one for a while when I did the Tapco 922 thing. I'll check.

BroncoBob
10-22-2008, 8:59 PM
There is one but I don't recall if they make them anymore. I had one for a while when I did the Tapco 922 thing. I'll check.

Shane916, Thanks I really do appreciate the effort.

Shane916
10-22-2008, 9:24 PM
Shane916, Thanks I really do appreciate the effort.

No worries. I searched and searched and searched. And even checked the vendor I got it from a while back but no luck. There used to be 2 brands. I know one was "USA brand" and the other I want to say was Pro-Mag. I can't find either one for sale now that Tapco has taken over with the Polymer stuff.

However, if you want to keep that magazine:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?board=62.0
http://www.kivaari.com/

This guy did a trigger job on my SKS and it's sweet!

He even sells and installs the 922 trigger parts. Definitely more expensive then a new mag but it is another option and with new Wolff springs it really makes the trigger decent and not 100lbs of pull :)

Steve O
10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
WOW. The thread lives!