PDA

View Full Version : Addax GPU weight

unusedusername
10-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Hello Addax,

I'm hoping to put together a really lightweight build, so how much does a GPU weigh? I've found some regular gas uppers as light as about 4.5lbs how would a GPU compare?

From looking at your site it seems that the "Combat Carbine-Lite rail" or the "Standard Carbine" model would be the lightest... is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Addax
10-20-2008, 6:28 PM
Hello Addax,

I'm hoping to put together a really lightweight build, so how much does a GPU weigh? I've found some regular gas uppers as light as about 4.5lbs how would a GPU compare?

From looking at your site it seems that the "Combat Carbine-Lite rail" or the "Standard Carbine" model would be the lightest... is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

The entire PWS Gas Piston System only adds approx. 4 ounces of weight compared to a regular AR15 Front Sight Post and Carbine Gas Tube.

A regular AR Front Sight Post with Carbine gas tube weighs approx. 5.6 ounces.

The PWS Gas Piston System (Gas Block, Piston Tube, Piston and Op-rod) weighs 9.6 ounces.

Thanks,
Chris

supermario
01-21-2009, 1:40 AM
Does that mean, if i have an upper upgraded with the pws gas piston i will no longer use my front sight post. I will then need a new front sight right to mount on the gas block? Sorry new to this!

818gtiguy
01-22-2009, 8:27 PM
Does that mean, if i have an upper upgraded with the pws gas piston i will no longer use my front sight post. I will then need a new front sight right to mount on the gas block? Sorry new to this!

Yes you will have to remove the original front sight post. It will be replaced by a gas block with a rail on it and then you can mount any type of sight you want(flip up ,fixed or nothing).