PDA

View Full Version : I finally got around to taking a decent pic...

Donut
10-11-2008, 3:37 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/guttedhatch/AR1.jpg

RIFLE

Mega Gator Lower
CMMG MedCon Mid-Length upper
Colt Carry Handle
Bullet Button
Stag "Tactical" stock
Stag 10/30
Cav Arms C6 M4-style handguards (Originally Coyote Tan, DuraCoated black)
John Masen VFG and bolt-on rail

OTHER STUFF

BSA 3-9x40 Mil Dot in a Masen one piece mount
G&P ClonePoint in a Chinese cantilever mount
Replica M-7 Bayonet, DuraCoated black

Saigon1965
10-11-2008, 3:58 PM
Nice set up - Tell me, what pistol grip is that?

Donut
10-11-2008, 4:29 PM
Thanks!

It's a Standard A2 from a Stag LPK with an ergo plug.

http://riflegear.com/p-65-ergo-grip-plug-for-a2-grip-black.aspx

stphnman20
10-11-2008, 9:51 PM
Nice man.. Congrats..

sytfu_RR
10-12-2008, 12:48 AM
nice!

JohnnyRooks
10-12-2008, 5:13 AM
can't beat simplicity.. nice..

SickofSoCal
06-10-2009, 1:44 PM
This might be a dumb question, but how is that CA legal? I thought they said no forward grip, no 30 rd mag, no pistol grip, etc...

fonionrings
06-10-2009, 1:48 PM
The magic of a bullet button.

fonionrings
06-10-2009, 1:49 PM
And the mag is a 10/30. 10 round capacity in a 30 round mag body.

SickofSoCal
06-10-2009, 2:15 PM
I see. What of the forward grip? I thought SB23 did away with all of that?

fonionrings
06-10-2009, 2:27 PM
Because the rifle does not have a detachable magazine, the rifle is allowed to have any and all "evil features." You can check the flowchart for clarification: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf.

Saigon1965
06-10-2009, 2:28 PM
You have much to read up and learn - Take sometime and go thru the forums - Have fun -

I see. What of the forward grip? I thought SB23 did away with all of that?

SickofSoCal
06-10-2009, 3:03 PM
Thanks guys. All I remember is January 1st 2000, what a black day for the 2A.

I also remember going around with my brother in late 1999 with petitions against SB23. At least we tried.

It is still a gray area from what I understand, not worth the hassle IMO. Might as well move to a free state.

Saigon1965
06-10-2009, 3:37 PM
No grey area at all - It's the letter of the law - DOJ have completely backed away and have changed the way they do things due to the OLL - We ain't looking back either -

Next up on the agenda is the handgun roster - Lawsuits have already been filed -

No need to move - Things are getting interesting -

SickofSoCal
06-10-2009, 3:46 PM
No grey area at all - It's the letter of the law

Yes and no. Try telling that to an ancy cop just itching to slap the cuffs on you. And like I said, I want 30 rd + mags, no 10 day waiting period, etc, etc, etc. Let's face it, anything resembling an "AW" is frowned upon in CA. I want to live where you can have the gun barrel sticking out the passenger side window while you drive down the street. (ok, not quite like that but you get the point)

In addition, I have other reasons for wanting to move than just gun issues

Amacias805
06-10-2009, 8:37 PM
Yes and no. Try telling that to an ancy cop just itching to slap the cuffs on you. And like I said, I want 30 rd + mags, no 10 day waiting period, etc, etc, etc. Let's face it, anything resembling an "AW" is frowned upon in CA. I want to live where you can have the gun barrel sticking out the passenger side window while you drive down the street. (ok, not quite like that but you get the point)

seriously. no offense, but you need to stop spreading fud... there are hundreds if not thousands of Ar's and Ak's owners on calguns, and many, many, more legal ones in California. read up some more

walter
06-15-2009, 9:21 AM
It is still a gray area from what I understand, not worth the hassle IMO. Might as well move to a free state.

no its not. you dont know anything.

Plisk
06-15-2009, 9:45 AM

Maybe you should move then, and leave us simple California folk be with our gray area guns. :mad:

SickofSoCal
06-15-2009, 4:53 PM
Wow. I just love the condescending attitude of the last three posts. Anyway, I said it was a 'gray area' based off what I have read here!

If it is indeed not a 'gray area', then why all the questions, why the flowchart, why the numerous posts about the this and the that? Why the stories about being called in for AW at the range and then being hassled? Why the fear?

I think y'all are the ones who have some reading to do.....

Oh, one more thing, here is a simple exercise you to preform:

Step 1: Open a Cheaper Than Dirt or Cabela's catalog.

Step 2: Take note of California restrictions.

Step 3: Pause, reflect, and think.

Plisk
06-15-2009, 8:30 PM
Wow. I just love the condescending attitude of the last three posts. Anyway, I said it was a 'gray area' based off what I have read here!

If it is indeed not a 'gray area', then why all the questions, why the flowchart, why the numerous posts about the this and the that? Why the stories about being called in for AW at the range and then being hassled? Why the fear?

I think y'all are the ones who have some reading to do.....

Oh, one more thing, here is a simple exercise you to preform:

Step 1: Open a Cheaper Than Dirt or Cabela's catalog.

Step 2: Take note of California restrictions.

Step 3: Pause, reflect, and think.

If you've read this site and seen it as a gray area, then you need to start reading more carefully. People ask questions, because they don't know all the details, they're trying to learn. You're one person thinking you know more than what everyone else is saying. You need to do some more reading.

LesGrossman41510
06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
i get two very different impressions of the AW laws after being on this website versus talking to gun shops and gun owners in real life.

CG seems to have a more relaxed attitude towards the evil features and AW laws, while the dudes at the gun shops are acting like its still super illegal.

example, i said i wanted to make my own 10/30 mags, but gun shop guys were telling me that is in the "gray area" and that they will take my guns for two years while they process my case.

is it really this strict.

obviously i probably wont go to the range with 10/30 mags now, just roll with the 10 rounders.

Darklyte27
06-16-2009, 1:05 PM
Nice set up - Tell me, what pistol grip is that?

what a NOOB question! haha:D

Cal-Irish
06-16-2009, 4:06 PM
seriously. no offense, but you need to stop spreading fud... there are hundreds if not thousands of Ar's and Ak's owners on calguns, and many, many, more legal ones in California. read up some more
This

SickofSoCal
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
CG seems to have a more relaxed attitude towards the evil features and AW laws, while the dudes at the gun shops are acting like its still super illegal

Exactly! My local gun shop owner told me it was a 'gray area' and was pretty much against the idea.

CLUTCH
06-23-2009, 8:22 PM
i like the carpet that the OP has the ar laying on! put on some camo and juss hit the floor n bam! ur invisible!

Donut
06-24-2009, 8:05 PM
I wish that was a whole carpet. It's just a couple yards of digital desert fabric I bought off eBay for a background.

I also tried to cover my data book with it, but the adhesive spray I used messed everything up.