PDA

View Full Version : Hunters' Education

Dark&Good
10-09-2008, 9:36 AM
Hi,
I completed an online course approved by DFG CA, I'm still required to do 4 hours of study with an instructor before I can get my certificate and get a hunting license. There's ONE instructor listed for San Francisco on the DFG website, who didn't respond to neither my phone call or e-mail. Do you guys know somebody who can complete this 4-hour part with me in the next 2 weeks sometime?

Hunter
10-09-2008, 9:47 PM
If you can travel down the penisula or over to the east bay, there are more options. Check here:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/classes-home-study.aspx

Thefeeder
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Go to Pacific Rod and Gun Club @ Lake Merced and ask if they can hook you up with the instructor

remsenlab
10-10-2008, 9:44 AM
I took the online course and finished it off with the instructor who works out of United Sportsmen in Concord. They usually have classes right before duck season, so give them a call and I bet there's a class being held soon. Very good people.

Contra Costa Concord United Sportsmen
4700 Evora Road Jim or Kathy Clark
(925) 945-7080 Class held periodically based on enrollment. Call for dates. Please bring a flashlight to class.

Dark&Good
10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Thank you for the tips. Just came back from AZ, gonna call these guys in the morning.