PDA

View Full Version : WTS: 1 Romy G kit, light rust. NO LONGER FOR SALE

JeffM
10-08-2008, 8:04 PM
Both kits are complete, not demilled. Not all numbers match I was mistaken from my initial once-over of the kits. Bolt, carrier, front trunnion, and top-cover all match.

Rusty but usable. The 1981 kit is a little rougher than the 1982 kit, so prices are changed accordingly.

$350 for both shipped, or $175 plus $10 shipping each.

$330 for both, free shipping, or

$175 plus $10 shipping for the 1982 kit,
NO LONGER FOR SALE, I'll make a rifle out of it.
SPF$155 plus $10 shipping for the 1981 kit.SPF

I'll have more details and pics tomorrow.

More pics can be seen here: http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/

1982 kit:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_3676.jpg

The above photo shows the wrong top cover. There is very little rust, just some finish wear, on the actual top cover shown here: http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_3684.jpg

The "rusty" part:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_3678.jpg

1981 kit:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_3685.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/JeffMsJunk/IMG_3687.jpg

First priority goes to those with cash in hand.

Second priority goes to those attending the SoCal build party if they need kits and people I know or have dealt with in the past.

plinkmeister
10-08-2008, 8:21 PM
How rusty are these kits? Are these the ones with "protective rust cover" that centerfire sold for 80 bucks a while back?

FEDUPWBS
10-08-2008, 8:26 PM
How rusty are these kits? Are these the ones with "protective rust cover" that centerfire sold for 80 bucks a while back?

The POS kits centerfire was selling were $100 BTW. These kits were from the mighty BOCFUS and were $150 ea + shipping when you could still get them. This thread :useless:

JeffM
10-08-2008, 8:47 PM

Not Centerfire kits. I just gave them a quick once over before putting them back in the box. They looked great, lightly used if at all. There's some rust on the gas tubes and rear sight blocks. They'll make great shooters, and good looking rifles if you blast them before parking/painting.

Non-rusty kits are running over $200, so if you plan on refinishing anyway, this is a good deal.

I'm not making any money on these, just freeing some up for something else.

I'll have some details with pics tomorrow.

weezil_boi
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
You guys are too funny. :)

First, just ask Jeff... are they decent kits? If he says yes, then you're cool. Good guy that Jeff.

Second, I have now seen and handled ten of the "rusty" centerfire kits. Not one of them has been so bad it was a problem. In fact, of the five that I bought, four still had the paper in the bore (never fired). But they did have some rust and the wood was total crap. No one got em for $80. $99 was the price. If you are sand blasting the kits, then they are just fine.

$350 for two sounds like a very fair price. I would never sell mine that cheap, and my left over kits are the "rusty" ones. ;)

Silly rabbit.

jamesob
10-09-2008, 5:13 PM
jeff are you needing cash? i might be interested in trading for that upper if your still interested in it. let me know

richnstef
10-09-2008, 5:33 PM
just tryin to see if you still have these available if you would split how much for one kit thanks a bunch richard

JeffM
10-09-2008, 6:49 PM
Still available. Together or separately with prices in the OP.

I do need the cash, the only trade I'd be looking for would be a 1919 kit; that's what I need the cash for.

Pics are up and prices changed according to condition.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, but will be back Saturday.

JeffM
10-09-2008, 8:05 PM
I'll also throw in a Tapco G2 trigger group for an additional $25 for the purchaser of the kit(s).

savageevo
10-10-2008, 1:55 PM
Wow they are pretty rusty. May I suggest spraying some sort of anti rusting spray so it doesn't disintergrate. good luck on the sale.

plinkmeister
10-10-2008, 4:09 PM
You guys are too funny. :)

First, just ask Jeff... are they decent kits? If he says yes, then you're cool. Good guy that Jeff.

Second, I have now seen and handled ten of the "rusty" centerfire kits. Not one of them has been so bad it was a problem. In fact, of the five that I bought, four still had the paper in the bore (never fired). But they did have some rust and the wood was total crap. No one got em for $80. $99 was the price. If you are sand blasting the kits, then they are just fine.

$350 for two sounds like a very fair price. I would never sell mine that cheap, and my left over kits are the "rusty" ones. ;)

Silly rabbit.

I`ve never questioned Jeff`s decency and as far as the kits go, the 82 looks pretty good while the 81 is about the same as a centerfire "D" grade for $89 (my bad). The better ones went for $99. Considerig the availability- or the lack thereof- these days the pricing here is OK.

Silly weasel. :43:

JeffM
10-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I`ve never questioned Jeff`s decency and as far as the kits go, the 82 looks pretty good while the 81 is about the same as a centerfire "D" grade for $89 (my bad). The better ones went for $99. Considerig the availability- or the lack thereof- these days the pricing here is OK.

Silly weasel. :43:

I wish I would have gotten a pallet of those rusty kits when they were that cheap. I paid quite a bit more for these.

The prices on these will not be going down. Even the '81 kit would make a great rifle after being properly refinished.

BTT

saki302
10-11-2008, 2:01 AM
clean up the rust with CLP and a bronze brush, then toss them on Gunbroker if they don't sell here. The rusty spots will look much better with a little elbow grease :) Nothing a blast cabinet and hot park tank won't take care of..

-Dave

plinkmeister
10-11-2008, 6:52 AM
I wish I would have gotten a pallet of those rusty kits when they were that cheap. I paid quite a bit more for these.

BTT

Same here. Like has been said before, a little elbow grease goes a long way. Good luck with the sale.

JeffM
10-11-2008, 6:08 PM
Same here. Like has been said before, a little elbow grease goes a long way. Good luck with the sale.

If they don't sell in this condition, for this price, I'll keep them and make rifles out of them.

BTT one more time.

JagerTroop
10-11-2008, 8:29 PM
pm sent

rino
10-12-2008, 5:30 PM
pm sent

JeffM
10-12-2008, 6:52 PM
1981 kit SPF.

The remaining kit is no longer for sale. No need to PM me to ask. I'll bump this post and edit the OP if I decide to put it up again.