PDA

View Full Version : STALLONE!

X-NewYawker
10-05-2008, 5:56 PM
FRANK Stallone. And Bushmaster. Did I post this already?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/FrankStalloneandM-4.jpg

Frijolito1988
10-05-2008, 5:57 PM
yes i belive

10-05-2008, 5:59 PM
Where is Sylvester and his PPK?

technique
10-05-2008, 6:34 PM
I saw Frank in a hunting video.....worst acting yet.

http://www.outdoorsmanint.com/assets/images/Video-Zim_Elephant_Safari-lg.jpg

Guntech
10-05-2008, 7:00 PM
Wtf? Is he on the same wagon as his hypocrite brother?

X-NewYawker
10-05-2008, 7:12 PM
Frank was great in TOMBSTONE being stabbed by Val Kilmer in Doc Holiday's first scene.

oddball
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know about Frank, but his brother, who was issued a CCW in L.A., is a hypocrite and tool.

"It [2nd Amendment] has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ‘It’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off. It’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it. Why should we?"
Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

X-NewYawker
10-06-2008, 6:55 AM
I don't know about Frank, but his brother, who was issued a CCW in L.A., is a hypocrite and tool.

"It [2nd Amendment] has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ĎItís ending, itís over, all bets are off. Itís not 200 years ago, we donít need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesnít have it. Why should we?"
Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

I guess non of you guys have every been married. Sly loves his guns and like arnold (who has more AWs than you can count) got married to a lib witch who insisted he make anti-gun comments in public. Pity.

The Director
10-06-2008, 8:29 AM
I just directed Frank Stallone in my last movie. He's not anti gun at all. No ideas about his brother, but Frank is cool.

Doheny
10-06-2008, 8:48 AM
I just directed Frank Stallone in my last movie. He's not anti gun at all. No ideas about his brother, but Frank is cool.

What have you directed...anything we would have seen?

Army GI
10-06-2008, 8:54 AM
I guess non of you guys have every been married. Sly loves his guns and like arnold (who has more AWs than you can count) got married to a lib witch who insisted he make anti-gun comments in public. Pity.

+1

You'd have to be the ultimate douche of the world to make anti-gun comments after having built your fortune on movies with copious amounts of gun play in which you yourself expend thousands of rounds of ammunition and kill every antagonist with a gun (or explosive-tipped arrow).

*where is that P-whipped smiley?

The Director
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
What have you directed...anything we would have seen?

You wouldn't have seen it yet, since it is still in post production, but here is the film I am speaking of:

www.taorminafilms.com

Click on the synopsis page and you'll see Frank's pic in the lineup.

it was my first feature after a host of docs, shorts, and tv pilots.

USN CHIEF
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
You wouldn't have seen it yet, since it is still in post production, but here is the film I am speaking of:

www.taorminafilms.com

That looks like a good movie. I will watch it.

Doheny
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM

www.taorminafilms.com

Looks interesting...I'll watch too! I like Sizemore...what's his "status" (is he outta jail)?

Break a leg!

bear93445
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Back in the 90s Frank would attend the NRA celebrity shoots each year. He was very pro 2A and a good shot.

Neil McCauley
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
This thread reminds me of my friend Aras, he has stunt doubled for Stallone in the past (the douche bag one) Dead Ringer for him during his Rambo days.

Heatseeker
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
That looks like a good movie. I will watch it.

+1, I'll watch for it's opening.

The Director
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys....

Sizemore is just fine. He's out of jail, almost off probation. he seems to be making a great comeback. A real good guy who helped me tremendously.

For those interested in the movie gun side of things there is a CNN piece (video) in the media section of my site that was about Hollywood's use of guns in films, shot on my set. Some cool stuff there.,

X-NewYawker
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Director boy -- welcome to the site and the wonderful Director's club.

Doheny
10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys....

Sizemore is just fine. He's out of jail, almost off probation. he seems to be making a great comeback. A real good guy who helped me tremendously.

For those interested in the movie gun side of things there is a CNN piece (video) in the media section of my site that was about Hollywood's use of guns in films, shot on my set. Some cool stuff there.,

The link didn't come through...

dilligaffrn
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys....

Good to hear that TS is back on track, hope he stays that way.

chuck762
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Plenty of celebrities and politicians love and own guns but feel that common folks like us are not deserving of the same right.

E Pluribus Unum
10-06-2008, 12:10 PM

I am glad to see someone in your profession that likes guns. Sizemore committed his last felony in my hometown of Bakersfield so they have covered it extensively. I like him as an actor and I hope he has his drug problem under control.

Also note that posting this info makes your real name accessible. I really don't care about anonymity on the net but if you do this does away with it. :)

FRANK Stallone. And Bushmaster. Did I post this already?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/FrankStalloneandM-4.jpg

Kinda weird he has that picatinny rail on the forearm but then still opts to go with a carry handle scope mount.

sb_pete
10-06-2008, 2:35 PM
Kinda weird he has that picatinny rail on the forearm but then still opts to go with a carry handle scope mount.

LOL, well that and the fact that its a flat top receiver with a detachable carry handle jigged up with a mount for the aim point. Whole thing strikes me as a bit ad hoc. Not meaning to thread jack though.

Cool looking movie btw, congrats on your first feature.

E Pluribus Unum
10-06-2008, 3:21 PM
LOL, well that and the fact that its a flat top receiver with a detachable carry handle jigged up with a mount for the aim point. Whole thing strikes me as a bit ad hoc. Not meaning to thread jack though.

Yeah, I did not catch those thumb knobs. I can see not mounting the aimpoint on the flat top as it might be too close for his liking but at the very least, take that detachable carry handle off and mount that aimpoint to the forearm. It puts two points of alignment failure into the mix that don't have to be there.

The Director
10-06-2008, 3:31 PM
Hey E Pluribus,

Thanks. It kinda helps to love guns when all you plan to make is action movies. Re: my real name - not worried about it.

For those that wanted to watch the cnn vid on guns in Hollywood it in on my site in the media section....www.taorminafilms.com

Sizemore is an excellent gun handler despite never having fired one before hitting a movie set. He's learned gun safety very well and is extremely safe with them....which is important when you actually are shooting them at people. Just because they are blanks doesn't mean they can't injure or kill!

On this shoot we were standing behind 1/2" lexan as the actor unloaded twin HKG36s at the camera, full auto. We all had hearing protection, but the thing that struck me was the heat, concussion, and gasses coming out of those things. You felt each round in every part of your body...it was intense, you could barely breathe! You could practically die from that, never mind the bullets!!!!

shark92651
10-06-2008, 3:42 PM

Does his wife make him appear at Brady Center fundraisers too? How much of a pansy is this guy? I love my guns and my wife :)
http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/stallone/stallone-mac.jpg

E Pluribus Unum
10-06-2008, 3:55 PM
Hey E Pluribus,

Thanks. It kinda helps to love guns when all you plan to make is action movies. Re: my real name - not worried about it.

So your days as a boat captain are over?? :) Glad to see you found something you like.

It sounds like we should all get together down in LA and "shoot a pilot" for a film idea.... you can bring a couple of those "film use only" AR-15 lower receivers that do full auto.... we'll bring the uppers and the ammo.

Not too sure if the film will be made though... ;)

The Director
10-06-2008, 4:37 PM
I was actually a yacht broker, not a captain. Strange and long story on what got me here.

As for Sly, no ideas, never met the guy. I wonder, do they show clips of him firing that M60 in one hand from the hip, and feeding the belt in with the other hand while screaming RAMBO! at the top of his lungs at the Brady center?

I have a really sore spot for Arnold, though; for someone who has probably shot more .50 BMG than any of us put together, it's total hypocrisy to champion a bill outlawing it in this state. I can see the gun grabbers who don't own guns passing all kinds of laws against them, but for a gun guy who KNOWS better to agree with that ****e is really really lame.

sigsauer887
10-06-2008, 6:27 PM
I was actually a yacht broker, not a captain. Strange and long story on what got me here.

As for Sly, no ideas, never met the guy. I wonder, do they show clips of him firing that M60 in one hand from the hip, and feeding the belt in with the other hand while screaming RAMBO! at the top of his lungs at the Brady center?

I have a really sore spot for Arnold, though; for someone who has probably shot more .50 BMG than any of us put together, it's total hypocrisy to champion a bill outlawing it in this state. I can see the gun grabbers who don't own guns passing all kinds of laws against them, but for a gun guy who KNOWS better to agree with that ****e is really really lame.

Plan on doing any zombie films...I can throw some ideas at you ;)

oddball
10-06-2008, 6:49 PM

I am married to a somewhat liberal woman who also understands and supports the 2nd Amendment. I guess I lucked out :).

And I agree, it is a pity regarding guys like Sylvester; loves their guns, but don't love us owning them.

X-NewYawker
10-06-2008, 7:35 PM
I am married to a somewhat liberal woman who also understands and supports the 2nd Amendment. I guess I lucked out :).

And I agree, it is a pity regarding guys like Sylvester; loves their guns, but don't love us owning them.

I think he does love US owning them -- he just can't say it.

Electric Factory
10-06-2008, 7:51 PM
www.taorminafilms.com

Greetings Director, Calguns is indeed a small world, I compose music score for film and television, have been for years.:D

aplinker
10-06-2008, 8:18 PM

Cool looking movie btw, congrats on your first feature.

Pete - a forward rail isn't a good place to put an optic, especially if it isn't free floating. Even good free float rails will flex, shifting POI. It's not a big deal for the AP (but is for the EOTech), but heat is pretty intense out there, too.

The z-mount for the Aimpoint is pretty good - it cowitnesses with the carry handle BUIS. Until the flat-top became predominant in .mil they were used extensively. It's actually a better choice.

I would've pulled the carry handle and gone with a dedicated BUIS and put the Aimpoint on the flat-top.

X-NewYawker
10-06-2008, 8:38 PM
That's teh way they came from Bushmaster for the contest. Weak *** battery -- no one could see the dot.

aplinker
10-06-2008, 8:47 PM
That's teh way they came from Bushmaster for the contest. Weak *** battery -- no one could see the dot.

The aimpoint also looks to be mounted twisted in the ring...

If it's an old CompM2 there are double battery caps that brighten it up.

WokMaster1
10-06-2008, 8:53 PM
I am glad to see someone in your profession that likes guns. Sizemore committed his last felony in my hometown of Bakersfield so they have covered it extensively. I like him as an actor and I hope he has his drug problem under control.

Also note that posting this info makes your real name accessible. I really don't care about anonymity on the net but if you do this does away with it. :)

well, some like small buts, some like BIG buts & some like droopy buts...:D
If they love guns & support the 2A cause, it's all good to me.

jerryg1776
10-06-2008, 9:32 PM

Well I guess its time to MAN THE F'UP and stand for what you want not what she wants. Hypocrite A-Holes.

My wife and I disagree politically on many things.. I say what I believe. She accepts me. I accept her.

X-NewYawker
10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Frank Stallone is a real gun guy. As others have said he was always there at the Heston Shoot in Cota d'Casa and all the Celebrity shoots since. The SHOOT for the troops was to raise money for better artificial limbs for returning vets and their families, and Frank is one of the "core" group of celebrities that make sure the sponsors have a good time on the course.

Here he is on the S&W sponsored M&P pistol course (god I hate that pistol)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/FStalonMP.jpg

The Director
10-07-2008, 8:20 AM
Greetings Director, Calguns is indeed a small world, I compose music score for film and television, have been for years.:D

Really small world!

The Director
10-07-2008, 8:22 AM
Plan on doing any zombie films...I can throw some ideas at you ;)

My favorite genre of movie - that's why I wanted a 1919 - for when they come lurching up the street.

As soon as I figure out how to do a zombie flick that is original and fresh, I'll probably take a crack at it.

ar15barrels
10-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm the rental manager at a specialized camera equipment rental house.

ar15barrels
10-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't get video in the .AVI file.
Only audio.

The Director
10-08-2008, 9:02 AM
Only audio.

I'll have to look into that...

Which house?

chsk9
10-08-2008, 9:58 AM

I guess I didn't marry a lib who doesn't like guns and the last time I checked I am in control of what I say.... :eek:

dilligaffrn
10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Only audio.

Me too, I had to download and use VLC media player to see it.

GTXR390
10-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Really small world!

cooo, i wana be in a movie...need any asian dudes? ahahaha :D

:cool2:

CHIGGA73
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
EF, i didn't know you compose music score for film and TV! i'm a piano major and a part time professional singer for choral groups.

director. i'm asian too! can i be in your films!

movie looks good. i'll watch it

The Director
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
You guys kill me. I actually looked long and hard for an Asian guy for one of the roles in there. Finally found him!

I love how the movie guys come out of the woodwork. I love movies and guns, and I love movies WITH guns more!

Dilligafrn - did it play with VLC?

X-NewYawker
10-08-2008, 2:37 PM
You've opened up Pandora's box, Mister Director -- now you'll have to hire Randall and Chigga and UCLAplinker and GTX and everyone else on the site!

ar15barrels
10-08-2008, 2:44 PM
You've opened up Pandora's box, Mister Director -- now you'll have to hire Randall and Chigga and UCLAplinker and GTX and everyone else on the site!

Technical Ted is a locations sound guy.

ar15barrels
10-08-2008, 2:45 PM

GTXR390
10-08-2008, 2:48 PM

ahahaha, yea i promise, if i ever become a superstar, i won't turn my head and be like mr. Rambo. Pro Gun all the waaaayyy!!!!!!!

;)

dilligaffrn
10-08-2008, 2:48 PM
Dilligafrn - did it play with VLC?

Yes!

joems
10-08-2008, 6:11 PM
cooo, i wana be in a movie...need any asian dudes? ahahaha :D

:cool2:

I was thinking about it too :D if he needs a stand in for asian LOL :donatello:

Quick Nick
10-08-2008, 6:54 PM
If you do a zombie movie, get calgunners for the zombie extras :laugh:

X-NewYawker
10-08-2008, 6:57 PM

Please remember:

BLANKS

Thanks.

dilligaffrn
10-08-2008, 9:04 PM
Just make a documentary about us CALGUNNERS (most of us are part ZOMBIE anyway).

I will play the token white guy!

LOL

zeus45c
10-08-2008, 9:47 PM
I can attest to the thrill and imminent danger of blanks. I have used full flash blanks in AKs and Dragonuvs for the past three years during war simulations. Ten feet of hot gas and fire coming at you with the occasional burn really wakes you up :) Congratulations on the movie! I am in the industry as well and know how hard it is to make it.

8200rpm
10-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Just because you're married doesn't mean that you have to be a b!tch to some lib witch.

Hoop
10-08-2008, 10:53 PM

2nd'd!

zeus45c
10-09-2008, 12:26 AM
2nd'd!

I would hate to be the Hero in that movie. Hordes of Calgunner Zombies armed with AR's, AK's, and a variety of other awesomeness coming at me.

Heiko
10-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Does his wife make him appear at Brady Center fundraisers too? How much of a pansy is this guy? I love my guns and my wife :)
http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/stallone/stallone-mac.jpg

Funny thing is that Bernie Mack is pictured and I read that he was an avid gun collector yet he is at a Brady Center event. What's up with these guys??? I know the Brady Center claims they are simply against gun violence and not guns in general (LIES!!!) and that's probably what guys like Stallone and Mack, when alive, would claim. I still thinks it's BS.

The Director
10-09-2008, 8:09 AM
How funny is it that we have so many industry people on this forum! I think Hollyweird is actually more pro-gun than people think, especially below the line.

X-NewYawker
10-09-2008, 8:35 AM
Just because you're married doesn't mean that you have to be a b!tch to some lib witch.

Yes.

it does.

ar15barrels
10-09-2008, 9:04 AM
I think Hollyweird is actually more pro-gun than people think, especially below the line.

Only below the line.
The above the line people have to fly the anti-gun flag to keep popular in mainstream media.

PatriotnMore
10-09-2008, 9:51 AM
Funny thing is that Bernie Mack is pictured and I read that he was an avid gun collector yet he is at a Brady Center event. What's up with these guys??? I know the Brady Center claims they are simply against gun violence and not guns in general (LIES!!!) and that's probably what guys like Stallone and Mack, when alive, would claim. I still thinks it's BS.

My feelings are, some of these celebrities who own guns may THINK there is a difference between stopping gun violence, and being a gun owner and pro 2A. In other words, they want to stop gun violence, but want to own their guns, and may actually be pro 2A, but they don't have a firm grasp of what groups such as Brady really represent.

Unfortunately, the group they represent at such fund raisers does not support their opinion, and use their celebrity status to promote their agenda, which is, No Guns= stopping gun violence.

GTXR390
10-09-2008, 11:36 AM

umm...so does that mean us four get 1st dibs on Mr Director's nxt movie?? :D

X-NewYawker
10-09-2008, 3:42 PM
F'n A.

X-NewYawker
10-09-2008, 3:49 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/JOhnJesse-jackson.jpg

This year, when I was the only white person invited to Jesse Jackson's personal (not fund raising) Birthday party at the Staples center, I had to sit through a speech where he said we had to get "evil assault rifles" off the streets because they were "killing our young."

When I went up to him afterwards, I took his hand, looked him in the eye and said, "Jesse, what we need is for our children to stay in school. I've never heard of two Chemical Engineers shooting each other down in the streets."
Nuff said!

motorhead
10-10-2008, 8:49 AM
i propose mancard revocation for sly and arnold. all in favor?
as for jessee, i wouldn't p**s on him if his head was on fire.
BTW-if y'all have any openings for old, fat, white biker types or zombies thereof, please feel free to p.m..

Flat Broke
10-10-2008, 9:25 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/JOhnJesse-jackson.jpg

This year, when I was the only white person invited to Jesse Jackson's personal (not fund raising) Birthday party at the Staples center, I had to sit through a speech where he said we had to get "evil assault rifles" off the streets because they were "killing our young."

When I went up to him afterwards, I took his hand, looked him in the eye and said, "Jesse, what we need is for our children to stay in school. I've never heard of two Chemical Engineers shooting each other down in the streets."
Nuff said!

It's really none of my business, and I may get flamed for asking, but you posted the pic, so IMHO it's fair to ask. If he's so anti-guns why were you invited? I'm assuming it wasn't because he is a fan of your work in the gun rags.

Chris

X-NewYawker
10-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I was invited because I am powerful.
The left will always buddy around with people they don't agree with if they think they can get money or power from them.

sb_pete
10-10-2008, 1:56 PM
Pete - a forward rail isn't a good place to put an optic, especially if it isn't free floating. Even good free float rails will flex, shifting POI. It's not a big deal for the AP (but is for the EOTech), but heat is pretty intense out there, too.

The z-mount for the Aimpoint is pretty good - it cowitnesses with the carry handle BUIS. Until the flat-top became predominant in .mil they were used extensively. It's actually a better choice.

I would've pulled the carry handle and gone with a dedicated BUIS and put the Aimpoint on the flat-top.

Wasn't thinking so much about the scout mount style as the fact that he had the z-mount on a detachable carry handle. I didn't actually know that they cowitnessed with the irons, that's kinda cool.

I would normally think to use a cantelever mount to get the aimpoint out over the rail when using a flattop. But, if you've got the mount from an A2 upper and decide to use it on your flattop, then hey, it makes perfect sense. It's not so much that it was a really bad mounting setup, just a little...... ghetto. It merited a comment in any case.;)

-Pete

X-NewYawker
10-10-2008, 2:01 PM
Wasn't thinking so much about the scout mount style as the fact that he had the z-mount on a detachable carry handle. I didn't actually know that they cowitnessed with the irons, that's kinda cool.

I would normally think to use a cantelever mount to get the aimpoint out over the rail when using a flattop. But, if you've got the mount from an A2 upper and decide to use it on your flattop, then hey, it makes perfect sense. It's not so much that it was a really bad mounting setup, just a little...... ghetto. It merited a comment in any case.;)

-Pete

As I said they showed up from BUshmaster that way for a charity shoot. Most of the people shot pretty well with them, but it looked a little "Rube Goldberg" -- Like some of those Larue setups --