PDA

View Full Version : Falconer's pistol

savecal
09-21-2016, 2:52 PM
Did anyone know what pistol and caliber Falconer used to kill the terrorist?

SandHill
09-21-2016, 3:12 PM
Did anyone know what pistol and caliber Falconer used to kill the terrorist?

:confused: Excuse me sir, I believe you have wandered into the wrong website. We deal in REAL weapons here. Now, please go back to the gamer's forum and I am sure someone can assist you....

Waffleobill
09-21-2016, 3:21 PM
Legitimate question. I don't have the answer.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/19/health/jason-falconer-minnesota-mall-stabbing-trnd/

cockedandglocked
09-21-2016, 3:30 PM
Google searches for "Dahir Adan 9mm", "Dahir Adan .45", and "Dahir Adan .380" turned up nothing, so either nobody has reported the caliber, or my first 3 guesses on the caliber were wrong.

SandHill
09-21-2016, 3:35 PM
Ooops. Wrong Falconer! Apologies to OP.

cockedandglocked
09-21-2016, 3:42 PM
It's common for the caliber to be mentioned at some point in the reporting, it's also fairly common for the Pistol manufacturer to be mentioned, so I'm sure those will turn up in the news eventually. It's uncommon, though, for the news to report the actual model pistol. For example, The arizona shooter was reported as a "9mm glock" everywhere, but which one? The newtown kid, a 10mm glock if I remember correctly, but also no idea which one. The general population I think just doesn't really care about such details.

One notable exception is that Zimmerman's Kel-Tec PF-9 was always widely reported as such in the news, for some reason.

cockedandglocked
09-21-2016, 3:50 PM
My guess, worth every penny that you're paying for it: Glock 19.

stilly
09-21-2016, 3:58 PM
PLACE THE BETS!

I am betting it was a 9mm.

onelonehorseman
09-22-2016, 4:50 AM
Falconer's pistol

Ha! . . .saw the title and thought "why would a falconer (someone who hunts using birds of prey) need a pistol?" . . . maybe in case the dang bird won't come back . . . :43:

floogy
09-22-2016, 7:27 AM
Falconer's pistol

Ha! . . .saw the title and thought "why would a falconer (someone who hunts using birds of prey) need a pistol?" . . . maybe in case the dang bird won't come back . . . :43:

Haha. I thought the same thing. Was half expecting to see a flintlock pistol inlaid with silver and mother of pearl. Back when falconry was the hobby of nobility.

I'll guess Glock 27. Retired cop, probably familiar with .40, carrying his old backup piece.

I Swan
09-22-2016, 7:50 AM
The Tucson shooter had a Glock 19 with I believe a 33 round magazine. I have no idea what that Newtown psycho had. That Cho guy at Virginia Tech had a G19 as well and a Walther P22.

beanz2
09-22-2016, 7:56 AM
I'll guess Glock 27. Retired cop, probably familiar with .40, carrying his old backup piece.

The media wants you to think that Jason Falconer was only an "off duty police officer". The media wants you to think that only the police are capable of having guns and saving people. They don't want you to think you can protect yourself. What they wanted to hide is that Falconer is "the president and owner of Tactical Advantage LLC, a shooting range and tactical training facility with a strong focus on arming concealed carriers...USPSA Shooter, 3-Gunner, and NRA-certified firearms instructor"

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/19/man-shot-crossroads-mall-terrorist-uspsa-competitor-3-gun-shooter/

stix213
09-22-2016, 7:58 AM
"Falconer's pistol" sounds like some RPG weapon. It gives +2 to range and +1 to attack.

floogy
09-22-2016, 8:21 AM
The media wants you to think that Jason Falconer was only an "off duty police officer". The media wants you to think that only the police are capable of having guns and saving people. They don't want you to think you can protect yourself. What they wanted to hide is that Falconer is "the president and owner of Tactical Advantage LLC, a shooting range and tactical training facility with a strong focus on arming concealed carriers...USPSA Shooter, 3-Gunner, and NRA-certified firearms instructor"

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/19/man-shot-crossroads-mall-terrorist-uspsa-competitor-3-gun-shooter/

Actually the news article I read mentioned he was a firearms instructor. But yeah. When a non police carrier stops an attack there's almost no mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrara
09-22-2016, 11:55 PM
He didn't Falcon Punch the dude?

hambam105
09-23-2016, 12:42 AM
The caliber was the new Appropriate acp round.