PDA

View Full Version : Regulations regarding wearing hunter orange?

StraightShooter
10-03-2008, 8:25 AM
Are there any regulations in california stating that you have to wear some form of hunter/blaze orange while hunting?

hybridatsun350
10-03-2008, 9:03 AM
No, there aren't, but I would wear something to make you stand out. I would suggest just getting a blaze orange hat. Even that little hat will really stand out.

I just recently picked up a nice blaze orange Remington hat at Wal-mart for like $7.

thommon
10-03-2008, 9:03 AM
No there is not. But I wear it to let every one know "hey I'm over here!"
Colorado and Wyoming require it.

T

nick
10-03-2008, 9:39 AM
Hey Ned, that orange thing is coming right at us! :p

StraightShooter
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey Ned, that orange thing is coming right at us! :p

HaHa! k, thanks guys. I have only predator hunted in california and this is my first year deer hunting so i wanted to make sure im being 100% legal. I,ve got like 10 blaze hats so ill start wearing one.

sloguy
10-03-2008, 11:49 AM
it just seems like a good idea to wear the orange. deer dont wear orange.

r08ert209cali
10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
only required if hunting on a military base.but wouldent hurt to where one item.

Gunaria
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Wearing an item of orange is a good idea for deer & pig hunting. It's a bad choice for hunting any type of birds, including duck, geese & turkey.

nick
10-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Evolution will take care of that, as deer wearing orange would be more likely to survive :)

GuyW
10-03-2008, 1:59 PM

It is proven fact that _some_ hunters shoot cows (thinking they see deer)....some hunters shoot orange things (thinking they see deer)
....some "hunters" shoot human figures because their mind is seeing "deer"...

I don't bother with orange....

packnrat
10-03-2008, 2:56 PM
just got back from a week up in the mt's...trying to get a deer.
not many buck tracks up there this year. a bit of bear and bobcat. lots of doe tracks.
but why would one want to let a critter know you are there, here in ca no reg for wearing said.
i pound the bush a lot and sit in the bush.. i do not want to be seen...
by anything.

:TFH:

gottarollwithit
10-03-2008, 7:20 PM
When i'm out for big game i wear the orange beanie whenever the weather allows. I use one of those silly orange vests and strap it to my pack. Hopefully fellow hunters respect that. If not i'll either be waiting for them in Hell or returning fire if i can.

No animal, regardless of size and species is worth taking a bullet. Even if it's only an arm or leg wound, it'll be a looong ways out. I have a SPOT too, but you still gotta wait for the bird to pick you up.

CSACANNONEER
10-03-2008, 7:51 PM
deer dont wear orange.

That's what they want you to think! BTW, it's a good idea to leave the orange hat with antlers at home.

say12
10-03-2008, 8:23 PM
Deer are colorblind, birds are not.Pheasant hunters ALWAYS wear blaze orange !

nick
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
That's what they want you to think! BTW, it's a good idea to leave the orange hat with antlers at home.

Lest it ends up on someone's wall? :)

IrishPunk101
10-04-2008, 12:16 PM
It is proven fact that _some_ hunters shoot cows (thinking they see deer)....some hunters shoot orange things (thinking they see deer)
....some "hunters" shoot human figures because their mind is seeing "deer"...

I don't bother with orange....

I don't wear orange to keep from being confused with a deer, I wear it so a guy shooting at a deer can see me if I'm on the other side of his target.

sorensen440
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I recommend wearing it any time you are anywhere that people are hunting