PDA

View Full Version : Phantom 5c1, Phantom 5c2 or the 3 prong Flash???

ElevenBravO
10-03-2008, 3:52 AM
Just want an opinion about quality about flash... Suggest other flashes too. Thanks

beast556
10-03-2008, 8:18 AM
I have had the 5c2 on a few of my rifles and they work great At night no flash at all just some sparks come out. For the money you cant go wrong. To answer you question on quality all the ones I have and have seen have been machined and finished very nice.

Jicko
10-03-2008, 8:24 AM
5C2 is GREAT!!

BTW, I have a few NIB ones for sale, PM me if you are interseted.

Check this thread for actual photo
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49427

aplinker
10-03-2008, 1:07 PM
AAC Blackout is currently getting all the love.

PWS FSC556 is a nice option if you want some recoil reduction, too.

bobfried
10-03-2008, 3:16 PM
AAC Blackout is currently getting all the love.

PWS FSC556 is a nice option if you want some recoil reduction, too.

Yup, it's all about the Blackout right now. From all the rave and rants the break down is something like this when it comes to ACTUAl FLASH HIDING ability for the commonly available FH:

1. AAC Blackout
2. Smith Enterprise Vortex
3. YHM Phantom's

There are a few other more exotic flavor of FH but none of them do a better job than the big 3 at the moment. The FSC556 is alright but it's no better than an A2; than again that's quite amazing for a brake that is on part with the PRI QC brakes.

If I was choosing a Phantom I have always picked the 5C1 over the 5C2 simply because I like the traditional rounded muzzle device. If you like the aggressive end your better off with the new 28A since it has the new porting and the front end is almost as aggressive as the 5C2.

I have used mostly YHM above the other two mostly because I prefer the more traditional look of the YHM. My "go to" rifle currently wears a Vortex but my next build will wear the Blackout. I do not want to invest in another Blackout yet since my job might take me to a more NFA friendly state soon and than it will be choice between the one with or without the suppressor mount. It's cheaper to buy the Suppressor/FH combo.