PDA

View Full Version : Well, a hype and a little let down

bombadillo
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I was really excited today when I got my upper and parts to build my AR from addax, got the YHM smooth carbine upper with fluted barrel yada yada, and I got it out, checked it out, put it all together without a hitch, and after a few minutes of inspection, it wasn't a fluted barrel at all. I'm gonna give him a call tommorow and see what we can do. That was one of my biggest draws to that upper was the flip up sights and fluted barrel all included in one big package with the goodies. Well we'll see tommorow.

odesskiy
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Dude, whatever the situation, I'm pretty sure that Chris will go out of his way to make sure that you are happy. He's one of the nicest people I've met here on Calguns. Just don't forget to post and follow up with the resolution.

Addax
10-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I was really excited today when I got my upper and parts to build my AR from addax, got the YHM smooth carbine upper with fluted barrel yada yada, and I got it out, checked it out, put it all together without a hitch, and after a few minutes of inspection, it wasn't a fluted barrel at all. I'm gonna give him a call tommorow and see what we can do. That was one of my biggest draws to that upper was the flip up sights and fluted barrel all included in one big package with the goodies. Well we'll see tommorow.

Hey Bombadillo,

I got your email, and we will get it taken care of for you.

Looks like YHM sent us the correct upper with the incorrect barrel.

We had ordered those uppers with Diamond Fluted Barrels and the other uppers we already sold have the Diamond Fluted Barrel.

We will get this taken care of asap with YHM and get a replacement upper for you as soon as we can.

Ralph will be contacting you tomorrow.

Don't worry, you are in good hands, we will get this taken care of for you.

We apologize for the error.

Chris

Soldier415
10-02-2008, 5:34 AM
Hey Bombadillo,

I got your email, and we will get it taken care of for you.

Looks like YHM sent us the correct upper with the incorrect barrel.

We had ordered those uppers with Diamond Fluted Barrels and the other uppers we already sold have the Diamond Fluted Barrel.

We will get this taken care of asap with YHM and get a replacement upper for you as soon as we can.

Ralph will be contacting you tomorrow.

Don't worry, you are in good hands, we will get this taken care of for you.

We apologize for the error.

Chris

Now thats what I call good customer service! :D

bombadillo
10-02-2008, 7:23 AM
Wow chris, you're good, I put the email in at midnight, and its now about 8:25 AM and already responded. I got your email and really appreciate the quick service, nothing but great things to say about these guys. Also can't wait to post pics of the lower and upper. Not that you guys haven't seen a black rifle or two.

Raf1
10-02-2008, 7:30 AM
Good Morning

No worries my friend I AM ON IT.

I will get back to you by the afternoon..

Thanks

ironcross
10-02-2008, 1:51 PM
Pretty sweet from the Addax guys.

Your in very good hands!!!

kermit315
10-02-2008, 2:10 PM
damn....I think I figured out who I am buying my upper from when I finally get to do it.

Beelzy
10-02-2008, 2:14 PM
That is Customer Service with all the trimmings!

Two Thumbs Up. :cool2:

WHTXJ89
10-02-2008, 2:27 PM
how would a 20" YHM compare to the Bushmaster Predator, I was thinking of getting the bushmaster but the YHM looks good too. any other suggestions on a 20" fluted upper would be greatly appreciated. where can i get a YHM upper from?

X-NewYawker
10-02-2008, 2:44 PM
Go ADDAX!

aplinker
10-02-2008, 3:27 PM
Not sure why this was even posted before the OP heard from Addax/Chris...

:shrug:

The resolution certainly wasn't unexpected - I would put my money on you being taken care of even if you'd messed up the order, which this clearly wasn't.

bombadillo
10-02-2008, 5:37 PM
Not sure why this was even posted before the OP heard from Addax/Chris...

:shrug:

The resolution certainly wasn't unexpected - I would put my money on you being taken care of even if you'd messed up the order, which this clearly wasn't.

i knew it'd be taken care of, I just wanted to see how it would play out. It was the only time I had which happened to be before he opened in the morning. Geesh, nothing nice to say?? Also, props to addax for excellent service.

Riodog
10-02-2008, 5:42 PM
Wow Addax, I'm impressed an there isn't much that impresses me anymore. Nice to see that there are some folks with integrity that don't try and pass the blame to the customer.
Rio

bombadillo
10-02-2008, 6:58 PM
Actually BTW, addax told me to send it back to YHM and so when I called, YHM tried to blame him for not checking it on the way out. I got a little pissed at the YHM guys after that but didn't really say much on the phone about it. No point in just getting upset. Either way, A+ for addax and true hometown old fashioned customer service!

aplinker
10-02-2008, 7:28 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "blame." In all fairness Addax maybe should have checked it was correct before sending it to a customer, but that doesn't change the fact YHM incorrectly built it.

Actually BTW, addax told me to send it back to YHM and so when I called, YHM tried to blame him for not checking it on the way out. I got a little pissed at the YHM guys after that but didn't really say much on the phone about it. No point in just getting upset. Either way, A+ for addax and true hometown old fashioned customer service!

bombadillo
10-02-2008, 7:30 PM
Right, exactly what I was saying. YHM was passing the buck to him telling me that it was addax's fault for not checking their product and thats why I cannot send it directly back to them now. I have to send it to addax. I was just going to send it straight to YHM to be machined, but they're being weird about it and won't let me do that.

Addax
10-02-2008, 9:22 PM
Right, exactly what I was saying. YHM was passing the buck to him telling me that it was addax's fault for not checking their product and thats why I cannot send it directly back to them now. I have to send it to addax. I was just going to send it straight to YHM to be machined, but they're being weird about it and won't let me do that.

I appreciate your understanding of the situation.

YHM can say anything they want, but they installed the wrong barrel vs. what they advertise.

They do not offer an option for other types of barrels, they just messed up on this particular one.

We had received 6 of these uppers, and we checked a couple of them and presumed the rest were ok. 5 of the 6 were correct, the 6th one (the upper you received had the incorrect barrel installed by YHM).

No problem, this situation will be taken care of.

Thank you,
Chris

We have already been

bombadillo
10-04-2008, 3:36 PM
Well, addax did exactly what they promised, no shipping charges out of pocket to me and even emailed me the shipping tag to make my life easier. I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the YHM Barrel for around 670 for a complete upper assembly, smooth carbine FF handguard, flip up front sight/gas block, Relatively well staked, finish is decent and leaves a little to be desired, but probably gonna duracote the thing anyway. Came with rear BUIS, bolt/carrier, YHM brake/flash hider, lug, and I think is a steal for the money. Can't wait to do more business with them in the future. Chris/rafi you have a long term customer.