PDA

View Full Version : New "Off List" Gun Store

dfletcher
10-01-2008, 3:59 PM
Well, old gun store that's been around for a while - but I was there today and very surprised to see some brand new "evil rifles" for sale. Castro Valley Gun Store (Bullseye) on Redwood Road in Castro Valley has a few AKs with no pistol grip, fully functional mag release. I asked around and they've just sort of "dipped their toe" so to speak in the off list gun market.

Interesting, because a few months ago I was there when someone asked if they would carry them and the answer was "maybe yes - could be". So it seems they've decided to give it a try.

If anyone drops in, keep in mind this is new for them (they still have more Remington Model 8 rifles than AKs) and for the most part the guys who know buffer tubes from bolt carriers are the ones without grey in their hair.

I think this is a good sign - the OL crowd is growing and being perceived as legally safe ground in CA.

Who knows, maybe an AR upper or two will show up at the store.

sorensen440
10-01-2008, 4:02 PM
Well, old gun store that's been around for a while - but I was there today and very surprised to see some brand new "evil rifles" for sale. Castro Valley Gun Store (Bullseye) on Redwood Road in Castro Valley has a few AKs with no pistol grip, fully functional mag release. I asked around and they've just sort of "dipped their toe" so to speak in the off list gun market.

Interesting, because a few months ago I was there when someone asked if they would carry them and the answer was "maybe yes - could be". So it seems they've decided to give it a try.

If anyone drops in, keep in mind this is new for them (they still have more Remington Model 8 rifles than AKs) and for the most part the guys who know buffer tubes from bolt carriers are the ones without grey in their hair.

I think this is a good sign - the OL crowd is growing and being perceived as legally safe ground in CA.

Who knows, maybe an AR upper or two will show up at the store.

There are quite a few stores that carry oll's now
Ive been compiling a list of just that
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=121801&highlight=oll+list

gcvt
10-01-2008, 4:04 PM
Excellent. Whoever stops by, encourage them to keep going...maybe even buy something ;)

The more the better.

BroncoBob
10-01-2008, 5:10 PM
Nice to know this, add them to Andrades and CV has 2 stores to pick from. If we could ever get the guy who owns Tracy's Gun Shop to get on board. From the couple of times I've been in the store this isn't going to happen.

Soldier415
10-01-2008, 5:20 PM
You guys can thank Joel, who is the new manager.

From what I understand he is planning to fully stock OLLs.

AngelDecoys
10-01-2008, 5:47 PM
If we could ever get the guy who owns Tracy's Gun Shop to get on board. From the couple of times I've been in the store this isn't going to happen.

Good luck with that. I've showed him the flow chart a couple of times. Until the DOJ clarifies it to his satisfaction, he's not going to touch them. TWO WEEKS right!!

...... never mind Off Topic.

Proph3t
10-03-2008, 8:07 AM
You guys can thank Joel, who is the new manager.

From what I understand he is planning to fully stock OLLs.

awwww shux dan.